Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Rohan Ince??

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oscar killed his career making that switch. Could be where Dan Burn is now

Did he though? I seem to remember reading on her about him playing CB (possibly a friendly, my mind escapes me) and people claiming that positionally he was horrendous, and moving to midfield meant he had a bit more license to roam forward, which he did to some effect under OG. He would have been decent at a lower level (L1 or 2) but his off-field issues at the time clearly affected his progress.

He wasn't a world beater by any stretch, but I don't think him changing killed his career. If anything, he prolonged it as he wouldn't have been a regular starter at CB for us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where’s his midfield partner J F-C now? Still at Charlton?

Yes. Got injured on the opening day of the season and ruled out for the full season

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
"Superb" mentioned a couple times on here but must have been watching a different player! He looked extremely raw and out of his depth to me. Hope he can get a long run somewhere National League or League 2 level and make a career. But didn't seem suited to Midfield or CB at a high level YET.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Oscar killed his career making that switch. Could be where Dan Burn is now

Did he though? I seem to remember reading on her about him playing CB (possibly a friendly, my mind escapes me) and people claiming that positionally he was horrendous, and moving to midfield meant he had a bit more license to roam forward, which he did to some effect under OG. He would have been decent at a lower level (L1 or 2) but his off-field issues at the time clearly affected his progress.

He wasn't a world beater by any stretch, but I don't think him changing killed his career. If anything, he prolonged it as he wouldn't have been a regular starter at CB for us.

It is a common misconception that Garcia converted him from a CB to a midfielder. He often played in midfield for the Chelsea U-16 side and then the U-18s - TheChels.info - Rohan Ince

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Saw him get into his red BMW in Addlestone a few weeks back so I’m going with that

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Had he continued playing CB he would be at Worthing now as that was his limit. As a defensive midfielder he might make National League.
Don't be silly BG we know you disliked/never rated him, although your comment above is just stupid.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Always thought he was missing a football brain, especially when nearing the opposition penalty area. You could actually see the panic and cogs turning during which time he mostly either played the wrong pass or dithered and lost the ball.

'Incident' aside he seemed a nice lad who I would have thought could make a career out of lower league football but no higher than League One or Two.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Saw him get into his red BMW in Addlestone a few weeks back so I’m going with that

If you see him again , can you ask him if BG is right in saying he was moved to midfield because he was a terrible centre back?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I feel bad for misjudging him now. I said he would be a National League player by 26 so he has technically proved me wrong.

Good luck Rohan.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It’s worth remembering that he lost his dad around the time of his court case. Two life changing events that close together is always going to be hard for somebody to deal with, especially someone so young.

I do think there are some extremely exaggerated comments here; both wildly positive and ridiculously harsh. He was clearly an extremely raw young player in a pretty rubbish team who managed to show some potential and left with some pretty memorable highlights; including one of the best Albion goals I’ve ever seen. He’s never going to be a Premier League player, or a top end championship player tbh. However anybody who thinks L2 is his level has obviously never spoken to a Swindon fan who watched his brief loan spell there, where he was voted MOTM in over half his games for them.

Hopefully he can sort his career out at Cheltenham. He had all the makings of a lower league Patrick Viera and I believe he could have a solid career at a promotion chasing L1 team if he sorts himself out.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
sadly he often reminded me of Bambi on ice but he was though hard working and always gave his all which again often ment he run out of energy and was often substituted as a result, he did score a couple of very good goals and was a very good ball winner, I along with all Brighton fans wish him well at age 26 if over his injuries should be coming into prime and push his way back up the leagues

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He was a quality midfield destroyer for us under Garcia. He's had some bad luck and could easily become a regular Championship player again. Good signing for them

Agree, funny how people want to rewrite history. He was a decent young player for us that season. Funny how some people criticising the club for not playing youth quite happy to criticise youth players who came through for us. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here