Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Rohan Ince??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly . He made 70 appearances for the Albion. 70 !!
Injuries, off pitch distractions , and stepping up in what was , by then, a promotion chasing team prevented further development but blimey - some of the posts on here suggesting he was a complete disaster make you despair at their lack of perspective.

I really liked him and am somewhat surprised that he hasn’t kicked on since he left. Good luck to him from me. He absolutely wasn’t a CH type player at all though

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not for CH style football. Obviously not that good either, seeing how his career has gone. I enjoyed watching him though, especially THAT tackle.

he's a talented professional footballer who has played at a high level for many years and has a job for another year. with potentially (still) good prospects. .
this does not make him "not that good" given his injury, and off pitch issues.
the vast majority of young players from Chelsea or Brighton or anywhere don't succeed like this.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
i dont think that it was a case of people saying that he was a disaster

Ha ! You've said out of 70 appearances for the Albion -
- He only looked decent for the "odd few minutes.. in a couple of games"
- "he was well below the standard of the rest and looked lost"
- he looked like "Bambi on Ice"
- He was poor at heading
- "poor at tackling"
- and had "No idea" of [how to] play a ball to someone.

but i'm sure you were just being generous and realistic.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
This is great news, I’m thrilled for him. He owns an apartment in our block which he now rents out. I had lots of chats when he was living here, and he is a very decent guy who just wants to play football

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This I disagree with. He certainly didn't look lost, he worked very hard in every game and although he definitely had a lack of quality on the ball, he knew his role. I didn't think he was particularly good, same with Forster-Caskey who was also in the team at the time. I thought they both benefited from having Keith Andrews in there doing a lot of the running and mopping up. It was a team which massively overachieved that season.

Potential is easy, any young player we haven't seen anything of has great potential. At the time, Rohan Ince had great potential. He's just never fulfilled it. Hopefully dropping a couple of levels means he'll be in the team so he can get himself back to something like the level of fitness he had when he was playing regularly for us. Good luck to the man, I say.

Agree with all of this, apart from the bit in bold.

Are we thinking of the SAME Keith Andrews!!?

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
I liked him and thought he had a lot of potential as a defensive midfielder or ball playing centre back. Like a few others, he missed out at The Albion due to our progress. Good luck to him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many of you who thought that he was Brightons answr tpo Yaya Toure will be going to watch him tomorrow at Crawley playing for Cheltenham. Scot Flinders who played for us at Withdean is also on the books so could both be playing.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
How many of you who thought that he was Brightons answr tpo Yaya Toure will be going to watch him tomorrow at Crawley playing for Cheltenham. Scot Flinders who played for us at Withdean is also on the books so could both be playing.
You are obsessed. Without exaggeration, this must be at least the 20th post you have made slagging him off. And probably well beyond that as it is every time his name comes up. He is like catnip to you. He looked a decent player and then went off the rails. The end. Stop with the unpleasant obsession.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Must be great to have such an all-seeing-eye when it comes to footballers.

How's Paul Konchesky coming along these days? Is he in Southgate's latest squad?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Must be great to have such an all-seeing-eye when it comes to footballers.

How's Paul Konchesky coming along these days? Is he in Southgate's latest squad?

I'm just glad GP didnt follow Bens Grandads advice and send Connelly to USG on a season long loan, we would only have Murray and Maupay up front for next two games

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Thought he played alright in a pretty poor team :shrug:

Constant bumping of this thread screams "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" from BG.

Most unbecoming.

When you’ve been wrong 60000 times and half right once then you’re going to try your best to remind people of your almost victory.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Well he did enough for Liverpool to watch him, so something went right for a spell.

Easy to be dismissive but clearly the court case knocked him for six......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here