Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Rohan Ince??

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It’s worth remembering that he lost his dad around the time of his court case. Two life changing events that close together is always going to be hard for somebody to deal with, especially someone so young.

I do think there are some extremely exaggerated comments here; both wildly positive and ridiculously harsh. He was clearly an extremely raw young player in a pretty rubbish team who managed to show some potential and left with some pretty memorable highlights; including one of the best Albion goals I’ve ever seen. He’s never going to be a Premier League player, or a top end championship player tbh. However anybody who thinks L2 is his level has obviously never spoken to a Swindon fan who watched his brief loan spell there, where he was voted MOTM in over half his games for them.

Hopefully he can sort his career out at Cheltenham. He had all the makings of a lower league Patrick Viera and I believe he could have a solid career at a promotion chasing L1 team if he sorts himself out.

There is daylight after all :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No. The fact you disagree suggests I'm right
Anybody who thinks that he was decent for us other than in the odd few minutes in a couple of games must have some attachment to him as generally he was well below th stranded of the rest and looked lost. As somebody else said he looked like Bambi on Ice, poor heading, poor tacking generally, and no idea of playing a ball to someone other than a 2 yd square pass.

I think that Molumby and Sanders both have far greater potential.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Anybody who thinks that he was decent for us other than in the odd few minutes in a couple of games must have some attachment to him as generally he was well below th stranded of the rest and looked lost. As somebody else said he looked like Bambi on Ice, poor heading, poor tacking generally, and no idea of playing a ball to someone other than a 2 yd square pass.

Sounds like a description of our worst player ever BG.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anybody who thinks that he was decent for us other than in the odd few minutes in a couple of games must have some attachment to him

Here is someone who thought he was decent for more than a few minutes.

YOU!

He had a very good game today but still lacks experience, obviously, I can see both arguments £1m for a player we paid nothing for just over a year or so ago.but from a buying clubs point of view that money spent would be less than if they waited to see how he does next season,. then bought him and would possibly have to pay considerably more.

So, how much more than £1m could his value have gone up? Were you thinking £3m, £5m or £10m? And what is your attachment to him?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Here is someone who thought he was decent for more than a few minutes.

YOU!

So, how much more than £1m could his value have gone up? Were you thinking £3m, £5m or £10m? And what is your attachment to him?

£1m today buys you nothing above League 2 possibly 1 standard.and if we could have sold him for that it would have a coup.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Best of luck to him. I was one of those who was always impressed with him in Albion colours and can rarely recall him having a poor game. I very much hope he does well and can restart his career.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Best of luck to him. I was one of those who was always impressed with him in Albion colours and can rarely recall him having a poor game. I very much hope he does well and can restart his career.

This.
Certainly seen some worse players over the years, and that tackle on Sanchez.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018

Oh you are funny

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

This I disagree with. He certainly didn't look lost, he worked very hard in every game and although he definitely had a lack of quality on the ball, he knew his role. I didn't think he was particularly good, same with Forster-Caskey who was also in the team at the time. I thought they both benefited from having Keith Andrews in there doing a lot of the running and mopping up. It was a team which massively overachieved that season.

Potential is easy, any young player we haven't seen anything of has great potential. At the time, Rohan Ince had great potential. He's just never fulfilled it. Hopefully dropping a couple of levels means he'll be in the team so he can get himself back to something like the level of fitness he had when he was playing regularly for us. Good luck to the man, I say.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Thought he was good under Garcia, but made big mistakes when he had a few minutes on the pitch under CH. Good luck to him.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
people are re-writing history if they're saying he wasn't a good player under Garcia. He was a really important player for us that season. Yes he wasn't totally consistent (it was his first senior season) and yes, he often required back up from Andrews but he WAS a good player that year

wasn't great under Hyypia and lacked the discipline to be a Hughton player but don't discredit his season under Garcia

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
people are re-writing history if they're saying he wasn't a good player under Garcia. He was a really important player for us that season. Yes he wasn't totally consistent (it was his first senior season) and yes, he often required back up from Andrews but he WAS a good player that year

wasn't great under Hyypia and lacked the discipline to be a Hughton player but don't discredit his season under Garcia

Exactly . He made 70 appearances for the Albion. 70 !!
Injuries, off pitch distractions , and stepping up in what was , by then, a promotion chasing team prevented further development but blimey - some of the posts on here suggesting he was a complete disaster make you despair at their lack of perspective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here