Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Grey bearded old man Cadiz Seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Between Bexhill and Trujillo, Extremadura, Spain
    Posts
    5,495

    At least next season we are likely to see more attacking football from the Albion


    0 Not allowed!
    If we go down, with or without CH, we will not need to be as defensive as we have been this year.

    If we stay up, with or without CH, I can't see TB sanctioning the stay-in-the-game-for-70-minutes-and-hope-to-nick-it-at-the-end tactics we've seen this year for another season.

    I've never seen as much negativity from fans since the Mike Bailey years and he got the tin tack, even though we finished 13th.

    You have to look on the bright side if you are an Albion fan, even though it can be hard to find.
    If history teaches us anything, it is that history teaches us nothing

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      BN1
      Posts
      55,288


      10 Not allowed!
      Stay up or go down, this season will have served as a huge wake up call for the club in terms of recruitment.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
    • #3
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Super Seaford From the South
      Posts
      561


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadiz Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If we go down, with or without CH, we will not need to be as defensive as we have been this year.

      If we stay up, with or without CH, I can't see TB sanctioning the stay-in-the-game-for-70-minutes-and-hope-to-nick-it-at-the-end tactics we've seen this year for another season.

      I've never seen as much negativity from fans since the Mike Bailey years and he got the tin tack, even though we finished 13th.
      Not really a day for negativity is it, surely we all need to lift the mood and get behind the team tonight.
    • #4
      Grey bearded old man Cadiz Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Between Bexhill and Trujillo, Extremadura, Spain
      Posts
      5,495


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Stay up or go down, this season will have served as a huge wake up call for the club in terms of recruitment.
      I'm not sure recruitment is the main problem. Yes, we did seem to concentrate on improving depth of the squad (and improving the quality of the U23s) rather than strengthening the first team, but for me the main problem is more to do with how we have used the players we have, both existing and newly recruited.
      If history teaches us anything, it is that history teaches us nothing
    • #5
      Grey bearded old man Cadiz Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Between Bexhill and Trujillo, Extremadura, Spain
      Posts
      5,495


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not really a day for negativity is it, surely we all need to lift the mood and get behind the team tonight.
      I'm not being negative!! I still think we'll be OK.
      If history teaches us anything, it is that history teaches us nothing
    • #6

      3 Not allowed!
      Were you not there when we played Millwall under Hyypia. That was far worse in fighting in the north and that was dire football at a lower standard

      Personally most fans are unrealistic in their expectations. We are currently a bottom 6 PL club and CH is doing his best I’m sure to get us over the line.
      If we stay up we would be better changing the recruiting policy and hopefully DA will identify some young exciting British talent who Want to prove what they are about
    • #7
      I've asked for soup Mellotron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      24,579


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadiz Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm not sure recruitment is the main problem.
      Agreed. We've signed PLENTY of attacking players with pedigree. Just haven't utilised them as such.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
    • #8
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      4,433


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Stay up or go down, this season will have served as a huge wake up call for the club in terms of recruitment.
      I disagree, our recruitment has been sound and each signing has improved our squad. We made a significant tactical change once we looked to be comfortable at the midway point of the season and it has left us open and exposed. Bernardo, Andone, Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh would all slot into the side in a 4-4-1-1 and be effective
    • #9
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      BN1
      Posts
      55,288


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Perkino View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I disagree, our recruitment has been sound and each signing has improved our squad. We made a significant tactical change once we looked to be comfortable at the midway point of the season and it has left us open and exposed. Bernardo, Andone, Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh would all slot into the side in a 4-4-1-1 and be effective
      The priority is not strengthening the squad shirley? In the olden days that would be called strengthening the reserve team. Both then and now, the priority should be to strengthen the first team. Which overall we've not done.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
    • #10
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      28,934


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadiz Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm not being negative!! I still think we'll be OK.
      Maybe he’s saying let’s focus on the day ...as in tonight? Because right now that’s all that matters

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •