Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Grey bearded old man Cadiz Seagull's Avatar
    Between Bexhill and Trujillo, Extremadura, Spain

At least next season we are likely to see more attacking football from the Albion

0 Not allowed!
    If we go down, with or without CH, we will not need to be as defensive as we have been this year.

If we stay up, with or without CH, I can't see TB sanctioning the stay-in-the-game-for-70-minutes-and-hope-to-nick-it-at-the-end tactics we've seen this year for another season.

I've never seen as much negativity from fans since the Mike Bailey years and he got the tin tack, even though we finished 13th.

You have to look on the bright side if you are an Albion fan, even though it can be hard to find.
    If history teaches us anything, it is that history teaches us nothing

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

10 Not allowed!
      Stay up or go down, this season will have served as a huge wake up call for the club in terms of recruitment.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cadiz Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If we go down, with or without CH, we will not need to be as defensive as we have been this year.

If we stay up, with or without CH, I can't see TB sanctioning the stay-in-the-game-for-70-minutes-and-hope-to-nick-it-at-the-end tactics we've seen this year for another season.

I've never seen as much negativity from fans since the Mike Bailey years and he got the tin tack, even though we finished 13th.
      Not really a day for negativity is it, surely we all need to lift the mood and get behind the team tonight.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      Stay up or go down, this season will have served as a huge wake up call for the club in terms of recruitment.
      I'm not sure recruitment is the main problem. Yes, we did seem to concentrate on improving depth of the squad (and improving the quality of the U23s) rather than strengthening the first team, but for me the main problem is more to do with how we have used the players we have, both existing and newly recruited.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
      Not really a day for negativity is it, surely we all need to lift the mood and get behind the team tonight.
      I'm not being negative!! I still think we'll be OK.

3 Not allowed!
      Were you not there when we played Millwall under Hyypia. That was far worse in fighting in the north and that was dire football at a lower standard

Personally most fans are unrealistic in their expectations. We are currently a bottom 6 PL club and CH is doing his best I’m sure to get us over the line.
      If we stay up we would be better changing the recruiting policy and hopefully DA will identify some young exciting British talent who Want to prove what they are about

0 Not allowed!
      I'm not sure recruitment is the main problem.
      Agreed. We've signed PLENTY of attacking players with pedigree. Just haven't utilised them as such.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      I disagree, our recruitment has been sound and each signing has improved our squad. We made a significant tactical change once we looked to be comfortable at the midway point of the season and it has left us open and exposed. Bernardo, Andone, Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh would all slot into the side in a 4-4-1-1 and be effective
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Perkino View Post
      I disagree, our recruitment has been sound and each signing has improved our squad. We made a significant tactical change once we looked to be comfortable at the midway point of the season and it has left us open and exposed. Bernardo, Andone, Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh would all slot into the side in a 4-4-1-1 and be effective
      The priority is not strengthening the squad shirley? In the olden days that would be called strengthening the reserve team. Both then and now, the priority should be to strengthen the first team. Which overall we've not done.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I'm not being negative!! I still think we'll be OK.
      Maybe he’s saying let’s focus on the day ...as in tonight? Because right now that’s all that matters