Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cardiff City *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Propper and Stephens off, Kayal and Andone on please. 4-4-2 with Gross dropping back alongside Kayal.

His unwavering faith in both Stephens and Propper is costing him, us and the club as a whole.

Whilst I totally agree about Stephens and Propper who have been dreadful, I’m not sure about Gross in there as it looks to me like we’ve rushed him back. He doesn’t look fit, looks even slower than usual.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The really saddening thing is if/when we are relegated we won’t be missed. We were everybody’s good news story when we came up but since then we’ve played such stodgy, unadventurous stuff they’ll be glad to see us go.

And then there’s the Nigels. Oh, the shame of it all!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This isn't on Hughton. The player's just aren't playing well enough.
Who selects them? Who trains them? Who coaches them? Who motivates them? The f.ucking tealady? Of course it's down to Hughton and his coaches..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Stephens and AJ are shit. Thank god we have Knocky on the bench..... oh wait!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Stephens needs to have a serious look at himself in the mirror at halftime and sort himself out before he's subbed.

The promised reaction hasn't happened.

It needs to.

Now.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
We've had more possession, more passes, more accurate passing, more corners and more shots according to the stats...It's not a great performance, but the goal aside it's better than Cardiff. Yes, I know it's the goal that *actually* matters and makes all the difference, but it suggests if we can find a way to hit the barn door with the proverbial just once then we might scratch out a draw. Glass half full here still, but only just.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I’m sorry, but our reaction, after the Bournemouth game is quite simply embarrassingly.

I don't think it is. We have got back many of the thing we were missing against Bournemouth, like effort and determination. It's just that Cardiff have even more of it - and we are not able to pass round them, mainly because we don't seem to know where our players are.

That is - we've got the effort back, but not the quality.

Cardiff now have us right where they want, their cheap squad looks miles pacier than ours. Hughton has to do something

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Huge chorus of boo’s at half-time, probably the loudest I’ve heard aimed at our players for a home game

Those booing will have to take their share of the blame if we lose this. They’ve just made our task tougher FFS. We’re only 1-0 down and we’ve not been too bad.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Stephens and Proper both need to come off, they won’t.

Take off proper and put on biss, even with gross on there’s a massive gap in any creative play.

Has to be 1 off at half time and try something different ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Pretty even first half, great goal from Cardiff.

No pace is hurting us at times, especially as the passing is pretty wayward. Perhaps get Jahanbakhsh off who has disappeared and throw on Andone to give Glenn a hand.

It’s not over.

A bit of positivity but it's hard to see a win. Maybe scraping a draw is the best we can hope for. Andone HAS to come on at the beginning of the second half.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Who selects them? We go trains them? Who coaches them? Who motivates them? The f.ucking tealady? Of course it's down to Hughton and his coaches..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is only so much he can do. I'm not pretending he's faultless, but he's gone away after Bournemouth, looked at the team, made changes. The players, on the other hand, just don't look like they can be arsed. They're grown adults, they shouldn't need Hughton to spoon-feed them encouragement. They know how big this game is, and they're playing like they'd rather be at home playing FIFA. I for one, am not gonna hold that over Chris' head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here