Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cardiff City *** Official Match Thread ***

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I don't think it is. We have got back many of the thing we were missing against Bournemouth, like effort and determination. It's just that Cardiff have even more of it - and we are not able to pass round them, mainly because we don't seem to know where our players are.

That is - we've got the effort back, but not the quality.

We can't get the quality back, we never really had it apart from a few brief spells in too few games. We need to fluke/cheat/grind our way out of this.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
On this performance we will be relegated and would struggle in the championship.

Not with Super Hughton in charge surely? He's the man to bore The Championship into submission.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
hard to watch … not sure whether to get another warsteiner out of the fridge
or go for a coffee
we Need something,luck, brilliance whatever, anything!
lost the stream on 40 mins
might have to resort to seagulls player for the second half
more importantly … what can we salvage from this wreck!
COME ON Brighton!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Stephens needs to have a serious look at himself in the mirror at halftime and sort himself out before he's subbed.

The promised reaction hasn't happened.

It needs to.

Now.

Good luck with that, despite looking completely out of his depth most weeks, he’s never taken off and never dropped. This is a standard Stephens performance. It’s baffling.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
take Murray off and bring on Andone. How many times did AJ try to play the 1-2 w him and he completely ignored and lost the ball? GET HIM OFF.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So what minute are we going for for Andone to replace Murray? I'm going 74.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Those booing will have to take their share of the blame if we lose this. They’ve just made our task tougher FFS. We’re only 1-0 down and we’ve not been too bad.

Those booing have paid good money,travelled to watch their team play Football. They are entitled to show their disapproval of teams performance so far.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Stephens and Proper both need to come off, they won’t.

Take off proper and put on biss, even with gross on there’s a massive gap in any creative play.

Has to be 1 off at half time and try something different ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biss? Keep up at the back.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A bit of positivity but it's hard to see a win. Maybe scraping a draw is the best we can hope for. Andone HAS to come on at the beginning of the second half.
I’d definitely take the draw, Cardiff will drop deeper and deeper though so perhaps that will negate our lack of speed.

Come on Brighton.

:bhasign:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
take Murray off and bring on Andone. How many times did AJ try to play the 1-2 w him and he completely ignored and lost the ball? GET HIM OFF.

Not passing to AJ isn’t a bad thing on tonight’s evidence.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
On TV later, watch Propper and Stephens with that.

Another classic of the CM caught upfield. Even ManC and LFC don’t do that .... ALWAYS an insurance policy of one or two sitters protecting the back for. ALWAYS FOR 90 MINUTES.

Albion are gifting easy counter attack chances to all the basement clubs.

Why?

We are not up to it mate . We got away with it first half of the season. Didn’t strengthen. Now we are falling apart ...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm not hugely enjoying what's on the pitch, but the interminable grumbleclaws behind me is bringing me down even more. I don't expect an endless cheeriness, but, by jingo hopelessness only makes things worse.

Kayal for Stephens, Andone for Murray, Jose for AJ, the 4 pound post match beer offer cut to 2

Hey I can dream can’t I

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Traditionally we don't start playing until 2nd half.. then again Cardiff are stronger 2nd half as well..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here