Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crunch time

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
On behalf of seasoned Albion fans everywhere...do shut up. Frankly you’re not fit to lace Attila’s boots to borrow a well known footballing phrase.

Well said Attila! :albion2:

You are not speaking on my behalf, you are talking crap.

Atilla is a fan of the Albion, a good fan but no better or worse than most of us. He has opinions

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It isn't. It really isn't. Thats just the Sky Sports-driven media hype machine talking.

Obviously I don't want us to be relegated, but this notion that the Premier League is the be-all and end-all, and the only place to be, is for the birds. If we go down, I'll be back in my seat come August. Anyone who isn't, due to the fact we're no longer in the Premier League, is not a real fan of the club.

There most certainly IS life outside the glitz and glamour of the self-proclaimed "Best League in the World". And it not half bad.

**unless we get ****** by Derby 4 times in the same season.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You are not speaking on my behalf, you are talking crap.

Atilla is a fan of the Albion, a good fan but no better or worse than most of us. He has opinions

Obviously not seasoned. And WRONG! :rave:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If we lose, and the greatest ever manager in our history is sacked as so many seem to want, the ghastly fickledom of modern football will have done what Archer and Co never even began to do. Broken my Albion heart.

Greed and money are wrecking the game. As an Albion fan these days I feel like a goldfish owner absolutely devoted to his pet but loathing the water it is swimming about in.

Come on Chris, come on team. Show the doubters.

FFS

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If we lose, and the greatest ever manager in our history is sacked as so many seem to want, the ghastly fickledom of modern football will have done what Archer and Co never even began to do. Broken my Albion heart.

Greed and money are wrecking the game. As an Albion fan these days I feel like a goldfish owner absolutely devoted to his pet but loathing the water it is swimming about in.

There's no place for sentimentalism and "broken my Albion heart" hyperbole now.

No manager's job in any football club, including ours, should ever be safe from poor performance and failure.

You can blame "greed and money" all you want, but it's results on the pitch that count.

And the doubters weren't proved wrong at all this evening.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

No manager's job in any football club, including ours, should ever be safe from poor performance and failure.

You can blame "greed and money" all you want, but it's results on the pitch that count.

I was very wrong putting hope before reality... I hoped tonight i’d witness spirit, fight and some tactical nous... all were lacking. Chris is, quite literally, writing cheques his ass can’t cash.

He’s going to do well to survive the coming days.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Well said. We shouldn't accept the completey unacceptable, performance wise, because of what happened in the 1990s. The minute we do, this club stops moving forward and becomes a museum piece.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I was very wrong putting hope before reality... I hoped tonight i’d witness spirit, fight and some tactical nous... all were lacking. Chris is, quite literally, writing cheques his ass can’t cash.

He’s going to do well to survive the coming days.

TB won't sack him. But he has to go in the Summer.
It's not the recruitment, the budgets, the tactics, the lack of shots, the bad luck or anything other than the simple fact that we are utterly gutless. Inexcusable.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
TB won't sack him. But he has to go in the Summer.
It's not the recruitment, the budgets, the tactics, the lack of shots, the bad luck or anything other than the simple fact that we are utterly gutless. Inexcusable.

True... CH has really let us down in recent weeks... we’ve been knocked and knocked again. I give up, we’re almost certain for the drop... I see zero points coming our way.

We’re as bad, at any respective level, as I care to recall. Like the bad days under Case, Sami too... such a sad state of affairs... I literally have no hope we can score or get a result anywhere.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
True... CH has really let us down in recent weeks... we’ve been knocked and knocked again. I give up, we’re almost certain for the drop... I see zero points coming our way.

We’re as bad, at any respective level, as I care to recall. Like the bad days under Case, Sami too... such a sad state of affairs... I literally have no hope we can score or get a result anywhere.

Have a feeling Cardiff, despite their confidence and Warnock, won't quite have enough.
But we have been so disappointing.

(ps Adams V2 was pretty horrifying)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Have a feeling Cardiff, despite their confidence and Warnock, won't quite have enough.
But we have been so disappointing.

(ps Adams V2 was pretty horrifying)

Oh God, yep... it’s got a bit like that Adams II... we seem rudderless and nothing CH does seems to work. Bong will be back Sat as the last, last throw of the predictable rotation dice... Kayal needs to be in as do at least three under 23s.

We might just fluke it... time will tell.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

FFS! :ffsparr:

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

Great post.

If we were successful and a top six came in, he’d go. If we get to the stage where morale and results are imploding, he has to go.

Nobody wanted it to be like this, but harts shirt is bang on, there is no place for sentiment.

It was never a job for life. The club is more important than any player or manager.

Bloom has millions at stake, it’s his club, he’s a fan, it is his right to decide if persisting with a completely failing Hughton is still acceptable for the club.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I can't believe that saccharine, sepia-tinged original post has registered 59 approvals. Must be me.

Attila might consider that Albion supporters being grateful for the past doesn't preclude them from being critical of the present.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Great post.

If we were successful and a top six came in, he’d go. If we get to the stage where morale and results are imploding, he has to go.

Nobody wanted it to be like this, but harts shirt is bang on, there is no place for sentiment.

It was never a job for life. The club is more important than any player or manager.

Bloom has millions at stake, it’s his club, he’s a fan, it is his right to decide if persisting with a completely failing Hughton is still acceptable for the club.

Exactly. Very self righteous opening post imo.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Attila might consider that Albion supporters being grateful for the past doesn't preclude them from being critical of the present.

Fair enough bit why don't we just be different and , maybe, accept our fate bit do it with dignity and not sack CH? I am as parotted sick as anyone but it is only football and there are far worse things going on in the World. So let TB decide. I like the ethos of a club who have a history, tradition and sentiment , to match anyone...but can care and, more importantly, do resonate with the local community like very few others.

Let's beat Wolves , draw 5 points clear again, keep CH and everyone, take the high ground and continue to build.....

Like no other.we are Brighton and Hover Albion, after all.

TNBA

TTF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're contrasting the sacking of CH with the sly, greedy nature of Archer et al? Not quite sure how the comparison works, especially when Bloom's done the exact opposite of them. An emotive response, not at all reflective of the situation.

Quite. The reason the left hasn't run everything for decades, as it ought given the shitshower that passes for the right, is the tendency to make lazy inference, while not letting facts get in the way of a strongly held opinion.

The day we retain managers (and players) as a reward for former service is the day we plunge down the leagues.

The only issue for me is whether Tony has a plan B to keep us up or whether he has already decided to replace CH in an orderly fashion at the end of the season, come what may, with the notion that we can take one relegation on the chin.

One thing I am sure of is that TB will not be thinking CH has a job for life, and it is up to CH when he decides to retire. We are Brighton and Hove Albion, not a half way house for fading sportsmen.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I meant greed and money in modern football in general, which has fostered the manager-sack-merry-go-round we have for so long avoided. I don't think Bloom WILL sack Hughton, but I am disappointed that so many want him to go.
Still happy to have him here after yet another shit performance? Hughton Out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here