Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crunch time

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
If we lose, and the greatest ever manager in our history is sacked as so many seem to want, the ghastly fickledom of modern football will have done what Archer and Co never even began to do. Broken my Albion heart.

Greed and money are wrecking the game. As an Albion fan these days I feel like a goldfish owner absolutely devoted to his pet but loathing the water it is swimming about in.

Come on Chris, come on team. Show the doubters.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we lose, and the greatest ever manager in our history is sacked as so many seem to want, the ghastly fickledom of modern football will have done what Archer and Co never even began to do. Broken my Albion heart.

Greed and money are wrecking the game. As an Albion fan these days I feel like a goldfish owner absolutely devoted to his pet but loathing the water it is swimming about in.

3 points from that
1. If we lose all is not lost as we still have the chance to make it safe.
2. Debatable whether CH is our greatest ever manager
3. I dont think that TB will sack him even if we get relegated DK would have IMHO but not TB.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I doubt he will be sacked, must admit it has not taken as long as I thought for fans to start seeing the reality of what the Premier League is when the only objective is to avoid relegation.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
You're contrasting the sacking of CH with the sly, greedy nature of Archer et al? Not quite sure how the comparison works, especially when Bloom's done the exact opposite of them. An emotive response, not at all reflective of the situation.

SAC

May 21, 2014
3 points from that
3. I dont think that TB will sack him even if we get relegated DK would have IMHO but not TB.

Completely agree. I'd add
4. A win against Cardiff isn't going to show the doubters. Wins against Cardiff AND Wolves may do but the doubts will come back soon enough along with the shite football.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

:thumbsup:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I can’t disagree with much of that, but Chris won’t be forcibly removed... it’s just nonsensical to sack the manager most capable of bringing us back up should the worst happen. I actually think we’ll scrape a win tonight 2-1 and the reflection thereafter will be akin to the passing of a night time storm and the bright dawn that oft follows.

All is not lost, twist and turns will follow this evening.

All of that said, money and hyperbole have ruined the earthy magic of the game I once adored.

The plasticky feel of HD pimped PL ball isn’t really for me, but just to irk the pundits who don’t like us being there... I’d love it if we stayed up at least for one season more. Relegation wouldn’t be a disaster, indeed on many levels it might serve as a tonic to the bitter gin of PL reality.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I doubt he will be sacked, must admit it has not taken as long as I thought for fans to start seeing the reality of what the Premier League is when the only objective is to avoid relegation.

Many won't like me saying this, but for as long as the top end of the Premier League is awash with obscene amounts of money, every season that we remain in tis division will see us battle against relegation. One day we will be relegated for sure, I just hope it won't be for a few seasons yet.

The Premier League however is the only place to play, we have to strive to stay there, and us fans have to enjoy it for as long as these good times last.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
3 points from that

I don't think he would disagree ..but he's giving his opinion.....as you do.....frequently

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You're contrasting the sacking of CH with the sly, greedy nature of Archer et al? Not quite sure how the comparison works, especially when Bloom's done the exact opposite of them. An emotive response, not at all reflective of the situation.

On behalf of seasoned Albion fans everywhere...do shut up. Frankly you’re not fit to lace Attila’s boots to borrow a well known footballing phrase.

Well said Attila! :albion2:

el punal

You’re probably describing the same lot of fans who wanted Chris Hughton out when we survived being relegated at the end of 2014/15 season - probably the same lot who wanted Tim Sherwood appointed instead. Tonight’s game is important, the result certainly is, but we’re the team that’s five points clear and with a game in hand - let’s remember that. Do the the business tonight, however scruffy and scrappy, and we’re just about safe.

Whatever happens, making wholesale changes in management and playing staff now is not the right time. Let’s wait until the end of the season before analysing what needs to be done for a better future.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Very true, on a positive not at least no poem

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I meant greed and money in modern football in general, which has fostered the manager-sack-merry-go-round we have for so long avoided. I don't think Bloom WILL sack Hughton, but I am disappointed that so many want him to go.

We have had a lot on money put into the club by one individual who paid for a new ground so surely we are in the same boat ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can’t disagree with much of that, but Chris won’t be forcibly removed... it’s just nonsensical to sack the manager most capable of bringing us back up should the worst happen. I actually think we’ll scrape a win tonight 2-1 and the reflection thereafter will be akin to the passing of a night time storm and the bright dawn that oft follows.

All is not lost, twist and turns will follow this evening.

All of that said, money and hyperbole have ruined the earthy magic of the game I once adored.

The plasticky feel of HD pimped PL ball isn’t really for me, but just to irk the pundits who don’t like us being there... I’d love it if we stayed up at least for one season more. Relegation wouldn’t be a disaster, indeed on many levels it might serve as a tonic to the bitter gin of PL reality.

Well said Kosh and thank you for giving me a new purpose to following the Albion as I’ve become dismayed by the PL. But if we can stay in it just to piss off the pundits etc who don’t want us there (not sure some have noticed yet!) then that’ll do for me!!

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
If we go down he's the right man to take us back up, if we do stay up I actually don't think he'll be the manager in August.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

We could do with some good punk music before the game

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I meant greed and money in modern football in general, which has fostered the manager-sack-merry-go-round we have for so long avoided. I don't think Bloom WILL sack Hughton, but I am disappointed that so many want him to go.
A change of manager every now and again isn't such a bad thing, the trick is to find a replacement who is able to continue the good work. A new voice on the training pitch, new ideas, different drills.

I'm happy with whatever happens, it's all part of being a fan, rough and smooth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here