Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crunch time

Crunch time

62 Not allowed!
    If we lose, and the greatest ever manager in our history is sacked as so many seem to want, the ghastly fickledom of modern football will have done what Archer and Co never even began to do. Broken my Albion heart.

Greed and money are wrecking the game. As an Albion fan these days I feel like a goldfish owner absolutely devoted to his pet but loathing the water it is swimming about in.

Come on Chris, come on team. Show the doubters.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If we lose, and the greatest ever manager in our history is sacked as so many seem to want, the ghastly fickledom of modern football will have done what Archer and Co never even began to do. Broken my Albion heart.

Greed and money are wrecking the game. As an Albion fan these days I feel like a goldfish owner absolutely devoted to his pet but loathing the water it is swimming about in.

3 points from that
      1. If we lose all is not lost as we still have the chance to make it safe.
      2. Debatable whether CH is our greatest ever manager
      3. I dont think that TB will sack him even if we get relegated DK would have IMHO but not TB.

3 Not allowed!
      I doubt he will be sacked, must admit it has not taken as long as I thought for fans to start seeing the reality of what the Premier League is when the only objective is to avoid relegation.
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      Members

9 Not allowed!
      You're contrasting the sacking of CH with the sly, greedy nature of Archer et al? Not quite sure how the comparison works, especially when Bloom's done the exact opposite of them. An emotive response, not at all reflective of the situation.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      3 points from that
      3. I dont think that TB will sack him even if we get relegated DK would have IMHO but not TB.
      Completely agree. I'd add
      4. A win against Cardiff isn't going to show the doubters. Wins against Cardiff AND Wolves may do but the doubts will come back soon enough along with the shite football.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!

Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

7 Not allowed!

I can’t disagree with much of that, but Chris won’t be forcibly removed... it’s just nonsensical to sack the manager most capable of bringing us back up should the worst happen. I actually think we’ll scrape a win tonight 2-1 and the reflection thereafter will be akin to the passing of a night time storm and the bright dawn that oft follows.

All is not lost, twist and turns will follow this evening.

All of that said, money and hyperbole have ruined the earthy magic of the game I once adored.

The plasticky feel of HD pimped PL ball isn’t really for me, but just to irk the pundits who don’t like us being there... I’d love it if we stayed up at least for one season more. Relegation wouldn’t be a disaster, indeed on many levels it might serve as a tonic to the bitter gin of PL reality.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      I doubt he will be sacked, must admit it has not taken as long as I thought for fans to start seeing the reality of what the Premier League is when the only objective is to avoid relegation.
      Many won't like me saying this, but for as long as the top end of the Premier League is awash with obscene amounts of money, every season that we remain in tis division will see us battle against relegation. One day we will be relegated for sure, I just hope it won't be for a few seasons yet.

The Premier League however is the only place to play, we have to strive to stay there, and us fans have to enjoy it for as long as these good times last.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      3 points from that
      I don't think he would disagree ..but he's giving his opinion.....as you do.....frequently

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SollysLeftFoot View Post
      You're contrasting the sacking of CH with the sly, greedy nature of Archer et al? Not quite sure how the comparison works, especially when Bloom's done the exact opposite of them. An emotive response, not at all reflective of the situation.
      On behalf of seasoned Albion fans everywhere...do shut up. Frankly you’re not fit to lace Attila’s boots to borrow a well known footballing phrase.

Well said Attila!
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”