Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Notre Dame On Fire

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Isn't the tax relief on certain high charitable donations running at nearly 90% in France? If so that means every 100m given costs the tax payer 90m. Tried to find out. Anybody know? How does it work, confussed.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Isn't the tax relief on certain high charitable donations running at nearly 90% in France? If so that means every 100m given costs the tax payer 90m. Tried to find out. Anybody know? How does it work, confussed.

Online, it looks like 75%.

So for every €100m pumped in by YSL, it only costs them €25m, the french taxpayer having to cough up the difference.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Online, it looks like 75%.

So for every €100m pumped in by YSL, it only costs them €25m, the french taxpayer having to cough up the difference.

Thanks for that. So if a billion euros was 'pledged' by billionaires they would pay only a quarter having forced the general tax payer to cough up the rest?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Thanks for that. So if a billion euros was 'pledged' by billionaires they would pay only a quarter having forced the general tax payer to cough up the rest?

Radio 4 news said that Macroon had waved any taxation on any monies given for this appeal.

Over £1 billion the largest ever amount raised for any appeal now that really is impressive larger than any emergency relief fund ever we are a really difficult species us humans we gladly give for a buildings repair while we look away as other humans suffer, I wonder what Jessus would have said rebuild this temple built by kings to house a few bits of flotsam a nail, bit of old wood and a crown of thorns items found some 800 years after the even by Helen mother of the Emperor Constantine while on holiday in Jerusalum and probably just some tourist tat which had absolutely no link to events 800 years before, instead I think Jessus would have far been more likley to have said use the money to feed the poor heal the sick and not to waste it upon human vanity.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Radio 4 news said that Macroon had waved any taxation on any monies given for this appeal.

Over £1 billion the largest ever amount raised for any appeal now that really is impressive larger than any emergency relief fund ever we are a really difficult species us humans we gladly give for a buildings repair while we look away as other humans suffer, I wonder what Jessus would have said rebuild this temple built by kings to house a few bits of flotsam a nail, bit of old wood and a crown of thorns items found some 800 years after the even by Helen mother of the Emperor Constantine while on holiday in Jerusalum and probably just some tourist tat which had absolutely no link to events 800 years before, instead I think Jessus would have far been more likley to have said use the money to feed the poor heal the sick and not to waste it upon human vanity.

A perfect example of the priorities of the rich and powerful. As a species we are doomed. If only they liked people and polar bears as much as Gothic architecture that was built to worship someone with very different priorities.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A perfect example of the priorities of the rich and powerful. As a species we are doomed. If only they liked people and polar bears as much as Gothic architecture that was built to worship someone with very different priorities.
This! Sadly Syrian refugees being bombed to hell and living in camps with minimum medicine don't seem to tug the heartstrings of billionaires.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

I say it's perfectly fine for people to decide where their money is spent. Would you want someone telling you that you must send your money to the Taliban because they are suffering from western aggression?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I say it's perfectly fine for people to decide where their money is spent. Would you want someone telling you that you must send your money to Darlington because they are suffering from being Darlington?

Corrected it for you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I say it's perfectly fine for people to decide where their money is spent. Would you want someone telling you that you must send your money to the Taliban because they are suffering from western aggression?

It is absolutely fine for people to decide where their money is spent. That decision, however, speaks volumes about our priorities.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What happened in the UK when all those billionaires gave massive sums to help the community in the wake of the Grenfell Tower fire?

Oh, wait, hang on a minute...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What happened in the UK when all those billionaires gave massive sums to help the community in the wake of the Grenfell Tower fire?

Don't be silly that was only people and their lives being destroyed not Gothic architecture.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Why would French billionaires donate to British families? British billionaires only care about themselves and how much more money they can make and hoard in tax havens.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Bloody shit timing, my daughter is in Paris this Easter weekend with her boyfriend for her 21st Birthday and was planning to visit Notre Dame.
Will just have to look from the pavement now, shame.

She must be gutted.......bit like the ND..........I'll get me coat.....

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
my misses has just said (she's french by the way)

anyone would think this country has suffered a tsunami

nobody died,what about the homeless (money pledged and all that)

well

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here