Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Notre Dame On Fire

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
700 years of history going up in smoke. It's heartbreaking to see.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Notre Dame is burning down.

Breaking news.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Mods please merge.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That's a gonna

Attachments

• _106462624_notredame.jpg
    _106462624_notredame.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 934

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolute disaster!

I hope they can save it - as much as they can.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
****ing hell, that's terrible. Hope the damage isn't too bad... looks like it could be.

From the pics I have seen it looks like 30%+ of the roof is involved in fire. All the debris will now be falling into the building and igniting other areas. Hard to commit firefighters inside in those circumstances (not that they would be able to do alot anyway except piss some water about) and also imposible to fight externally, to any great effect, given the height. Also noted that flags on flagpoles at groound level are almost horizontal so looks like a fair old wind blowing through Paris this evening.

Hard to see what can practically be done now the fire has developed to this extent.

From what I have seen won't belong before it starts collasping I'm afraid, in my judgement.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Spire has now collapsed and Donald Trump is suggesting that water be dropped on it.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
In 1666 St Paul's was covered in scaffolding and would probably have survived if it hadn't been. As it was, the fire then took hold of the scaffolding and then consumed the rest of the Cathedral. Hopefully this one won't be so completely destructive of the whole building.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
From the pics I have seen it looks like 30%+ of the roof is involved in fire. All the debris will now be falling into the building and igniting other areas. Hard to commit firefighters inside in those circumstances (not that they would be able to do alot anyway except piss some water about) and also imposible to fight externally, to any great effect, given the height. Also noted that flags on flagpoles at groound level are almost horizontal so looks like a fair old wind blowing through Paris this evening.

Hard to see what can practically be done now the fire has developed to this extent.

From what I have seen won't belong before it starts collasping I'm afraid, in my judgement.

I agree. The tower has gone, and the whole roof is ablaze.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here