Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which club, man for man, has a better first team?
    Not even close tbf......don't think a single Brighton player would make the Bournemouth first 11.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      Solanke @ £19m 8 appearances, 2 starts, no goals, couldn't even score against us.
      Solanke is another that fits the Eddie Howe mould... Young, British, and bursting with potential... He just needs a chance with us, something that up until now he's not been able to get... He's set up a couple of goals in his cameos and always looks lively... Trouble is when you've Wilson and King ahead of you, you're going to have to work damned hard to get ahead of them in the XI... He'll definalty come good next season adn I reckon he'll push hard for a starting spot...

Stats can very often be misleading...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bourne Winner View Post
      Not even close tbf......don't think a single Brighton player would make the Bournemouth first 11.
      To be fair I thought Bissouma looked decent and caused us a lot of trouble it the first half... Drifted as the game went on and his attempt to get back to defend Wilson's eventual goal was laughable... he may as well just stood and watched...

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      I've seen a lot about how well Bournemouth have done in the Premier League

BUT have they really?

2015/16 Position 16th Points 42
      2016/17 Position 9th Points 46
      2017/18 Position 12th Points 44
      2018/19 Position 12th Points 41 (4 games to go), maybe 46

Their record is good up to a point, but successful? It's arguable. Reportedly they have spent more money than a fair few clubs and in four seasons their highest number of points is 46. Not much sign of the progression that people seem to expect from our team and Hughton?

That said, would I rather watch their brand of football to ours even if it got similar results? definitely yes.
      And that I think is a key point.

And for a club their size and history (and ours for that matter) that's respectable, and as they've rarely been caught up in relegation battles - impressive.
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      I must have seen them about twice this season (apart from our games) so i've no idea. But you've clearly watched them A LOT Icy. So fair enough.
      Lol that would have been a good answer in the 1950s before the advent of modern communications
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      I'd happily take their final positions in the league and the type of football they play. With our infrastructure we could build very well on top of that.
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by stevejoneslegend View Post
      To be fair I thought Bissouma looked decent and caused us a lot of trouble it the first half... Drifted as the game went on and his attempt to get back to defend Wilson's eventual goal was laughable... he may as well just stood and watched...
      Stephens allowing Wilson three touches close to goal without a tackle was way worse
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by stevejoneslegend View Post
      I like Bissouma (maybe more the potential player than the actual player) - but on reflection he goes missing in second halves quite frequently. In a few games he's dominated midfield for a period and then become quite ineffectual. Don't know if that's fitness, concentration or teams figuring him out.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bourne Winner View Post
      Everyone thinks this about their team especially after what happened Saturday.

Go back to the FA cup game when you were struggling for form, it would be a different story.
      The greater their ignorance, the stronger their opinions.
      WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      I've seen a lot about how well Bournemouth have done in the Premier League

BUT have they really?

2015/16 Position 16th Points 42
      2016/17 Position 9th Points 46
      2017/18 Position 12th Points 44
      2018/19 Position 12th Points 41 (4 games to go), maybe 46

Their record is good up to a point, but successful? It's arguable. Reportedly they have spent more money than a fair few clubs and in four seasons their highest number of points is 46. Not much sign of the progression that people seem to expect from our team and Hughton?

That said, would I rather watch their brand of football to ours even if it got similar results? definitely yes.
      I'd buy that for a dollar!