Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Bournemouth example of succeeding?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I am not sure that this board would still be accommodating that style of play when they go on win-less runs like they do. We would see it as naiive, park-football, screaming for a balanced approach.. When they are good they are good, but like others, they are always just a couple of results from pressure. I appreciate their style of play, admire it, but it comes at a price and they have very little depth - evidenced by their poor cup runs. Right now we would swap, but a swing in results for both teams seems doesn't seem like much of a gap.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They buy young British players and whilst expensive it works. Watford also recruit well. I expect D.A. has been brought in to attempt similar.

Would personally have loved to be 9th this second season, then 12th and 12th the next two! Instead of bricking it that if we loose to a terrible Cardiff team we'll likely be down and out the league completely!

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
Ah!

Infrastructure.

Swansea, Sunderland, Villa, Stoke, all clubs with lovely 'infrastructure.'

Can't remember playing any of them this season.

Yeah, we've done ok without infrastructure thanks very much. :wink:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ah!

Infrastructure.

It's a fair point. But when things go wrong for teams with no infrastructure and limited revenue, they can go seriously off the rails. As Brighton and Bournemouth fans know well.

Bourne Winner

Apr 12, 2019
Ah!

Infrastructure.

Wont be long before we'll barely be able to remember playing Brighton either....:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here