Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] City's first goal at the filth

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've seen very little comment on here regarding Palace's limp effort yesterday against City. I guess it was just the sheer inevitability of the result that made it barely worth a mention.

I did, however, very much enjoy Barney Ronay's analysis of their comprehensive shallacking in the Guardian, particularly this line from his report:

"The goal came from a Palace set piece, humped high into the box at the other end. Four touches later it was 1-0, a goal made by a single pass from Kevin De Bruyne, who slid the ball through the Palace cover like an expert crown green bowler taking a moment, sucking on his pipe, then curving his orb through the wreckage to take the jack".

Lovely.

That aside, the "atmosphere" at Selhurst was predictably as dead as a pork chop. What an utter myth that its like some kind of bearpit for teams to visit. As Ian Hart would say, I've seen more atmosphere at a Doris Stoke's gig.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That is a lovely bit of writing. Ronay can sometimes be a bit contrarian for me, but he can also deliver some absolute pearls, that is brilliant

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is a lovely bit of writing. Ronay can sometimes be a bit contrarian for me, but he can also deliver some absolute pearls, that is brilliant

Agreed. Some of his metaphors can get a bit overly-flowery. But that one was a doozy.

theboybilly

City also seemed to have worked out Zaha completely - don't rush in as his close control isn't all that - watch the ball not the step-overs - and just nick it off him. Not a chance to dive all afternoon...he was non existant. Other defenders please note

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I honestly didn't notice him. Completely and utterly anonymous.

Managed a few chuckles at £32 millions quids worth of Benteke tripping over the ball though. Pound-for-pound, that must go down as just about the worst signing in Premier League history. The fact that they are still sinking an eyewatering £120,000 a week into his bank account is a source of great amusement to me.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Our seasons over , yours is just beginning.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Cant quite believe this thread,

Palace lose to a team chasing 4 trophies 1.3 in a match that was more or less a free hit.

Brighton lose to a team who before the game were below Palace 0.5 in a very important game for their survival, also have a player sent off for an assault on a fellow professional. Half the crowd gone on 75 minuets with the few left booing...and your trying to take the pee out of Palace !!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cant quite believe this thread,

Palace lose to a team chasing 4 trophies 1.3 in a match that was more or less a free hit.

Brighton lose to a team who before the game were below Palace 0.5 in a very important game for their survival, also have a player sent off for an assault on a fellow professional. Half the crowd gone on 75 minuets with the few left booing...and your trying to take the pee out of Palace !!!

Ahh. So we get stuffed at home, and that precludes us from commenting, observing or taking general the piss out of Palace, or anyone else. Gotcha.

Oh, and an "assault on a fellow professional" - drama much ? Calm down love. It was just a red, they do happen from time to time. Everyone survived the attack and made it safely home afterwards.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I just think there are times to take it on the chin be quite and wait for a better time to take the P... that’s all .

bustersdad

Banned
Jan 31, 2012
Ahh. So we get stuffed at home, and that precludes us from commenting, observing or taking general the piss out of Palace, or anyone else. Gotcha.

Oh, and an "assault on a fellow professional" - drama much ? Calm down love. It was just a red, they do happen from time to time. Everyone survived the attack and made it safely home afterwards.

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I just think there are times to take it on the chin be quite and wait for a better time to take the P... that’s all .

This is Easy 10 we’re talking about here, someone who’s life is consumed by his hatred of the FILTH, as he eloquently describes us.
Strange chap .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Not quite, we have a 5 point head start over Cardiff, so thanks very much for the 6 points from you guys, it really could make all the difference.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Brighton lose to a team who before the game were below Palace 0.5 in a very important game for their survival, also have a player sent off for an assault on a fellow professional.

IMG_0239.JPG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is Easy 10 we’re talking about here, someone who’s life is consumed by his hatred of the FILTH, as he eloquently describes us.
Strange chap .

'Consumed by hatred' ? - a little dramatic. I'm not Darth Vader.

But exchanging pleasantries with the goonsquad is always a joy, never a chore. There's always so much ammunition.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've seen very little comment on here regarding Palace's limp effort yesterday against City. I guess it was just the sheer inevitability of the result that made it barely worth a mention.

I did, however, very much enjoy Barney Ronay's analysis of their comprehensive shallacking in the Guardian, particularly this line from his report:

"The goal came from a Palace set piece, humped high into the box at the other end. Four touches later it was 1-0, a goal made by a single pass from Kevin De Bruyne, who slid the ball through the Palace cover like an expert crown green bowler taking a moment, sucking on his pipe, then curving his orb through the wreckage to take the jack".

Lovely.

That aside, the "atmosphere" at Selhurst was predictably as dead as a pork chop. What an utter myth that its like some kind of bearpit for teams to visit. As Ian Hart would say, I've seen more atmosphere at a Doris Stoke's gig.

Stokes'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Strange chap .

I am DEEPLY suspicious of people who put spaces before full stops. It is a hallmark of cuntitude. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Another one. Space before a comma. What is it with you guys? Can't you type and **** at the same time? ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here