Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Burnley v Cardiff fans violence

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Given the importance of this match, it's too tempting for the Soul Crew not to turn up. I hope Sussex police are prepared........

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Got to say in my years of supporting Albion, the worst fan behaviour I've seen was from Cardiff. Not just saying it because we're up against them now. Just remembering trips to Ninian Park, where big groups of lads were rounding on the young and the blatantly not up for fighting (for example, me... but not just me) in a more thuggish and aggressive way than I've seen anywhere else.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think this is absolutely disgusting. Why oh why do people insist on filming in portrait orientation?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Got to say in my years of supporting Albion, the worst fan behaviour I've seen was from Cardiff. Not just saying it because we're up against them now. Just remembering trips to Ninian Park, where big groups of lads were rounding on the young and the blatantly not up for fighting (for example, me... but not just me) in a more thuggish and aggressive way than I've seen anywhere else.

Ninian Park was a place I visited only once- and made suitable preparation to be there and away quickly.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough

Yes, I agree. Two trips to Ninian Park in the old days and it was very unpleasant. While all violence is undesirable, their habit of picking on innocents while they themselves are in large groups is cowardly and sickening. I would like to see some of these tossers fight one-on-one with someone who can really fight - that is how angry they made me. I guess they would not be up for that.

el punal

How much more before mums and dads decide its not safe to take their children to football, as we regress to to the 70s and early 80s

Not a nice video to watch admittedly, but we are nowhere near the mad, bad days of the 70s and 80s. I’ve been to loads of home and away games over the last few years. I have taken various family members along, daughters, sons-in-law, grandchildren and not once have I/we encountered any trouble.

I’m of the mind that these days if you’re looking for trouble you’ll find it, and the consequences that go with it. If you’re just off to watch the footie, have a few beers and a laugh then you’ll be alright.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Yes, I agree. Two trips to Ninian Park in the old days and it was very unpleasant. While all violence is undesirable, their habit of picking on innocents while they themselves are in large groups is cowardly and sickening. I would like to see some of these tossers fight one-on-one with someone who can really fight - that is how angry they made me. I guess they would not be up for that.

The times I went with my mate it was fine but they were absolute nutcases, seeking out Brighton's firm although I did get kicked from a Taffy with a moustache on my own in the late nineties; it was hard not to laugh at him. There's a breed of them that all look the same! :sheep::sheep::sheep:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can't understand anyone that gets involved nowadays. Everyone has a camera on them now and you're guaranteed to be on social media within the hour. A few doors will be getting knocked over the next few weeks I think

Because they’re thick?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
There's one: a British high street on a Saturday night.

I was quite shocked when on a night out in Paris not so long ago on a weekend, it was pretty similar to your typical British West Street in the area I was in! Australia is very similar also from experience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here