Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Burnley v Cardiff fans violence

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
"RARGH! YOU SUPPORT A CLUB THAT ISN'T MINE! RARGH! I'M GOING TO PUNCH YOU! RARGH!!"

Idiots.

Breed them out of the gene pool.

I agree. And while Cardiff do have a load of half witted thugs following them, there's no excuse for the Burnley half-witted thugs involved as well. It was a large crowd including many elderly people and children, and at least two of the older folk were knocked over in the crush. If people can't refrain from violence just because someone calls them a rude name, then they ought to lock themselves in a tiny room like Assange and keep themselves there until they learn a bit of self-control, or die in the attempt.

The coaches for away fans are kept outside the Bob Lord stand so the Bob Lord stand supporters (which is notorious for holding the "tartan rug brigade") are first to walk past. No doubt some of the Burnley thickos were "giving it large" as I believe the saying is, and some of the Cardiff thickos came out of their coach emergency exits and stirred up trouble. But at least in the fight I saw, both men had plenty of time to walk away and not get involved, and they both chose not to - they deliberately chose to fight in an area crowded with old people; and at least one old lady was treated for an injury that they caused. I despair at how anyone is such an utter moron that they can't see anything wrong with hurting old people because someone called them names.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
not happy as is rules is rules as anyone itk knows no kids no women no scarfers dont want to give lads a bad name so should not of done it with old ladys near as might course some colaterol damage

Regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
not happy as is rules is rules as anyone itk knows no kids no women no scarfers dont want to give lads a bad name so should not of done it with old ladys near as might course some colaterol damage

cholesterol

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree. And while Cardiff do have a load of half witted thugs following them, there's no excuse for the Burnley half-witted thugs involved as well. It was a large crowd including many elderly people and children, and at least two of the older folk were knocked over in the crush. If people can't refrain from violence just because someone calls them a rude name, then they ought to lock themselves in a tiny room like Assange and keep themselves there until they learn a bit of self-control, or die in the attempt.

The coaches for away fans are kept outside the Bob Lord stand so the Bob Lord stand supporters (which is notorious for holding the "tartan rug brigade") are first to walk past. No doubt some of the Burnley thickos were "giving it large" as I believe the saying is, and some of the Cardiff thickos came out of their coach emergency exits and stirred up trouble. But at least in the fight I saw, both men had plenty of time to walk away and not get involved, and they both chose not to - they deliberately chose to fight in an area crowded with old people; and at least one old lady was treated for an injury that they caused. I despair at how anyone is such an utter moron that they can't see anything wrong with hurting old people because someone called them names.

Well said. At the end of the day, some people bring their personal and personality problems to the football. And too many silly old fools who should have grown up by now make light of it. Pathetic.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Recall getting chased out of Ninian Park in 1977 by about 40 of the locals??? Brave lads chasing one 16 year old:moo:

Rev, was that the game we lost 3-1? If so, there were some Cardiff in our section down the side. I went with my mate on the Seagull Special, and the jouney to and from the station was interesting, to say the least. Saw some awful stuff.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Was there an element of revenge by Burnley for the attack/fighting in Cardiff earlier in the season (in the other linked video)? Dumb in any case, I realise.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Rev, was that the game we lost 3-1? If so, there were some Cardiff in our section down the side. I went with my mate on the Seagull Special, and the jouney to and from the station was interesting, to say the least. Saw some awful stuff.
Yup that was Er interesting.

No it was the 0-1 Mellor, we were in the side stand with the home fans so our celebration caused a migration fron behind the goal into the side stand looking for the 15 Brighton fans.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Was there an element of revenge by Burnley for the attack/fighting in Cardiff earlier in the season (in the other linked video)? Dumb in any case, I realise.

Alleged aeroplane gestures as well winding up the Cardiff fans. No wonder their patience snapped at the end after that and the defeat. Not defending them but not surprised they had a go back.

I really don't know why people in society are allowed to act like this. I would HATE this to happen at the Amex tonight. A five-year ban from football through the courts would act as a deterrent.

Next season (yes, I'm confident about tonight!), what's it's going to be like at possibly Leeds, Millwall and Swansea for them? :facepalm:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Alleged aeroplane gestures as well winding up the Cardiff fans. No wonder their patience snapped at the end after that and the defeat. Not defending them but not surprised they had a go back.

I really don't know why people in society are allowed to act like this. I would HATE this to happen at the Amex tonight. A five-year ban from football through the courts would act as a deterrent.

Next season (yes, I'm confident about tonight!), what's it's going to be like at possibly Leeds, Millwall and Swansea for them? :facepalm:

Everyone convicted of football offences at Burnley gets a life ban. Rescindable, depending on the offence - the famous streaker upended by Bertie Bee (google it!) was allowed back after 3 years, I believe. But violent acts get a long, long ban.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

A nightmare for the police.

Although I think Leeds will get promoted.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A few years back, there were only four coppers at Brighton v Burnley and no incidents.
So I certainly don't think Burnley fans have any reputation for it.

Cardiff, on the other hand...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here