Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Burnley v Cardiff fans violence

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Clear that the Cardiff fans instigated this RIOT.

I don't think the PL have any choice but to dock them 30 points...

I disagree. Both sides should be held accountable for this sort of behaviour. Dock them both 30 points.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Bloody hell most of them are old enough to know better. Bunch of old men and a few young lads.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't understand anyone that gets involved nowadays. Everyone has a camera on them now and you're guaranteed to be on social media within the hour. A few doors will be getting knocked over the next few weeks I think

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And we think we are more civilised than other countries.

What do people get out of punching each other in the head for no reason whatsoever ? We cheer it on and then when someone gets hurt or killed we are up in arms about someone's son ending up in the morgue.

Do we need someone to die before we find things like this offensive or distasteful ? - I don't understand the mentality of it

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How much more before mums and dads decide its not safe to take their children to football, as we regress to to the 70s and early 80s

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Cardiff certainly had a nasty element in the past, remember at the Goldstone in the early 90's a particularly rough lot came down

theboybilly

What do people get out of punching each other in the head for no reason whatsoever ? We cheer it on and then when someone gets hurt or killed we are up in arms about someone's son ending up in the morgue.

Do we need someone to die before we find things like this offensive or distasteful ? - I don't understand the mentality of it

Agree with all of that. One punch in the wrong place can end somebody's life....and for what?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Spike Milligan said "Civilisation is only skin deep".

I reckon that fear of being filmed/caught on CCTV has dampened the activities of thugs, but the angry feelings remain inside.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
But we aren't regressing to the 70s / 80s. Football violence is at very low levels compared to then and is the exception rather than the rule it was. You still get occasional flashpoints, but in a crowd of 30+ thousand you are going to get some drunk and aggressive people, and these days they get caught and heavily punished. The Amex and most modern stadia are very safe places to take kids so let's keep a sense of perspective.

How much more before mums and dads decide its not safe to take their children to football, as we regress to to the 70s and early 80s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here