Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 127
  1. #61
    Members
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Haywards Heath
    Posts
    70,355


    2 Not allowed!
    I cannot see anything wrong with the team The Gem has posted.

    Back 5 speak for themselves but not sure about Bruno replacing Montoya. Stephens and Propper will hold the midfield which leaves Gross Ali J and March to get forward to provide the service and chances for Murray and also support him.I am more confident of getting 3 points than 24 hours ago.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #62
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      1,073


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We’re not the standard of any of those clubs, miles behind, they have great CB’s and DM’ers who can cover when a FB flies forward.

      We play a flat back 4, where it’s vital that Bernardo and Montoya stay compact with Dunk and Duffy. If Montoya ventures forward, someone else needs to be on the front foot to support Duffy, if not, then Montoya needs to be conservative.

      Hughton gained almost all of our PL points from a foundation of massed defence. Now Montoya charges forward.

      In the NS stand we witnessed Redmond and Fraser destroying him time and time again, right in front of us.
      Our width doesn’t come from the wingers as they don’t start wide enough and are drawn inside, the FBs are encouraged to go forward into acres of space. Then it breaks down......
      The formation is killing us, I’ve been saying this since February, players who were fine don’t suddenly all turn shite, not all at once.
    • #63
      Members Bob'n'weave's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      Nr Lewes
      Posts
      1,801


      0 Not allowed!
      Team to play Cardiff?

      Bournemouth
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........
    • #64
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      70,355


      0 Not allowed!
      Many have been asking for Ali J to be on the right so perhaps he will be with March on his strongest foot also on the left. Both wiuould then be able to go outside of the Cardiff fullbacks,. neither of whom are good at defending.
    • #65
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      1,073


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Many have been asking for Ali J to be on the right so perhaps he will be with March on his strongest foot also on the left. Both wiuould then be able to go outside of the Cardiff fullbacks,. neither of whom are good at defending.
      Both will be world class defenders tomorrow evening. Ake was an emergency LB on Saturday and we made him look like he was Philip Lahm.
    • #66
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      3,476


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Personally, I just cant believe this will be the team.

      Ryan
      Bruno - Duffy - Dunk - Bernado
      Ali J - Stephens - Proper - March

      Gross

      Murray.

      Back to the tried old tested 4 4 1 1 !!!

      Don't shoot the messenger.

      This will be a great discussion I guess.

      Not sure how to capitalise Cardiff in title. Sorry.
      I do agree with this to get the win.

      Maybe Kayal for Propper as I think he's not right at the moment
      The greater their ignorance, the stronger their opinions.
    • #67
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      26,918


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Milano View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Our width doesn’t come from the wingers as they don’t start wide enough and are drawn inside, the FBs are encouraged to go forward into acres of space. Then it breaks down......
      The formation is killing us, I’ve been saying this since February, players who were fine don’t suddenly all turn shite, not all at once.
      I get your point.

      I’d be interested to know if our FB’s adventured forward leaving the huge gaps when we beat CP twice, Everton, NUFC, West Ham and Wolves.

      My own recollection is that they stayed in their defensive shape for the vast majority of those matches.
    • #68
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      70,355


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Milano View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Both will be world class defenders tomorrow evening. Ake was an emergency LB on Saturday and we made him look like he was Philip Lahm.
      It will probably be Lee Peltier and Joe Bennett
    • #69
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      1,073


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I get your point.

      I’d be interested to know if our FB’s adventured forward leaving the huge gaps when we beat CP twice, Everton, NUFC, West Ham and Wolves.

      My own recollection is that they stayed in their defensive shape for the vast majority of those matches.
      How many of those games did we line up 4-3-3?
    • #70
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      26,918


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Milano View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How many of those games did we line up 4-3-3?
      Isn’t always 4-5-1, or 4-6-0 if Muzza doesn’t play? So always a back 4.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •