Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team to play Cardiff

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Personally, I just cant believe this will be the team.

Ryan
Bruno - Duffy - Dunk - Bernado
Ali J - Stephens - Proper - March

Gross

Murray.

Back to the tried old tested 4 4 1 1 !!!

Don't shoot the messenger.

This will be a great discussion I guess.

Not sure how to capitalise Cardiff in title. Sorry.

That team will not out battle Cardiff, AJ will go missing after 1st 60/40 challenge he loses, can see Pröpper disappearing as well.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Forget the lineup. Putting my CH hat on I have come up with this. Cardiff probably have to win this game. This means Cardiff will have to attack us at some point. That means we can sit back and defend until Cardiff throw too many players forward and we can hit them on the counter.

Net result, a 1-0 win or a 0-0 draw.

Summary : we will defend for 90 mins

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Ryan

Gross

Murray.

That would be my team, although Kayal in midfield would be good, but I'm not paid to manage a football club

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree mate. Ali J has got to show he can mix it. They all do. We'll come up against ....

Snidey off the ball violence
A barrage of long throws
Teamwide co-ordinated mind games with the ref
Blatant timewasting
Continued provocation
Attempts to get our players sent off for anything

It will be an abysmal game. Fitting for lower reaches of the championship. Chances to show we can actually play will be few and far between. We'll get zero time on the ball. To win the match, first we have to show them we're not intimidated, that we're prepared to battle for the right to play.

So an early red card as well, probably Duffy.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The slowest side in premier league history?

Reading one of the other threads I got kind of excited about the possibility of playing with Murray and Andone up front so a little disappointed. Also think it’s very harsh on Bissouma who has easily been our best centre midfielder recently.

Personally I’d stick with Montoya at right back too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ryan
Montoya - Duffy - Dunk - Bernado
Gross
Murray

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
News from my Sauce......

Ryan

Gross

Murray.

Don't shoot the messenger.

This will be a great discussion I guess.

Not sure how to capitalise Cardiff in title. Sorry.

This looks like the most sensible team to me. March and AJ as the wide men and Gross back in. Bit surprised by Bruno but you know he'll be giving it everything and will stay calm when others would lose their heads.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
LIke it, I would possibly go Kayal for Pröpper as it will be a scrap in the midfield.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I doubt the players themselves even know the team yet, so this is until tosh.
As for slating Montoya as “always getting caught up field”, this is down to the formation, the FBs are expected to provide the width, it’s bollox. It’s fine if you’re Liverpool, City, Barca, etc. Doesn’t work for Brighton.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
As for slating Montoya as “always getting caught up field”, this is down to the formation, the FBs are expected to provide the width, it’s bollox. It’s fine if you’re Liverpool, City, Barca, etc. Doesn’t work for Brighton.

I'd hope that the team for tomorrow know they will be playing by now. Re the authenticity of this poster's knowledge, it's worth looking at his previous 3 'guesses' on team selection. In fairness I think that the club should see where their leak is as having the likely team on NSC probably isn't sensible.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We’re not the standard of any of those clubs, miles behind, they have great CB’s and DM’ers who can cover when a FB flies forward.

We play a flat back 4, where it’s vital that Bernardo and Montoya stay compact with Dunk and Duffy. If Montoya ventures forward, someone else needs to be on the front foot to support Duffy, if not, then Montoya needs to be conservative.

Hughton gained almost all of our PL points from a foundation of massed defence. Now Montoya charges forward.

In the NS stand we witnessed Redmond and Fraser destroying him time and time again, right in front of us.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Deservedly so. Stains and Bmuff repeatedly counter attacked down our right, as Montoya was left 50 yards up field after another inept ‘attacking’ move. The number one duty of any FB is to defend; Montoya doesn’t.

He doesn't attack very well either.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd hope that the team for tomorrow know they will be playing by now. Re the authenticity of this poster's knowledge, it's worth looking at his previous 3 'guesses' on team selection. In fairness I think that the club should see where their leak is as having the likely team on NSC probably isn't sensible.
Hopefully the club will set a few canary traps to catch the insider culprit as it is a joke that this info is available to the opposition in advance of every game now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here