Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will be supporting Palace?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
................... on the 4th May when they play Cardiff?

Needing a Palace win will sum up this season but it could be the reality and final shame. Hope this is put to bed before then to avoid this embarrassing situation.

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
If we needed Cardiff to get beat, then yes of course I would be supporting Palace. My love of Brighton is greater than my dislike of Palace.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes. There aren't too many teams we've beaten in the Premier League more than we've been beaten by so I'll always support the underdogs.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Surely in this situation, (and let us pray it doesn't come to this) the only sane response is to forget it is happening. Leave your phone at home and go for a nice walk along the seafront, have a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake in a café, get your feet wet in the Brighton surf and stare and the wind turbines daydreaming about your first love or your favourite album. Then go home after the game, put the sports news on. What will be, will be.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Zaha diving in the 93rd minute to win Palace their 38th penalty of the season from which they score from to win 1-0. Followed by universal condemnation of his cheating to send a team of fellow professionals down, meanwhile realising the 6 points they lost to us plus beating Cardiff has resulted in us staying in the division.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Anyone familiar with the anecdote from The Crying Game when a frog is giving a scorpion a ride on its back across a stretch of water? Halfway across the scorpion stings the frog, the frog turns round and says: "Why did you do that? Now we're both going to die?" And the scorpion answers..."Because it's in my nature"

:jester: Sod Palace, we can do this without their 'help'

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
6EA7333A-AE22-45A1-82C5-6BE3E6E4089F.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
................... on the 4th May when they play Cardiff?

Needing a Palace win will sum up this season but it could be the reality and final shame. Hope this is put to bed before then to avoid this embarrassing situation.

I hope survival is all done and dusted before then too, but even if it isn't what's the shame in hoping for a Palace win? Another three points on the board for them isn't going to make a jot of difference, it isn't as if they are going to win anything by obtaining them.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not even Palace fans will be supporting Palace that day if a Cardiff win means we go down.

Yes. I said on another thread that the Palace fan I work with said that him and his mates will gladly take a 5-0 thumping if it means we get relegated. They'll still be supporting Palace, but a defeat that sends us down will still be a victory to them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i could muster hope for a draw, best i do im afraid.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Surely that depends on our results against Cardiff and Newcastle? Say we beat both, I cannot see Cardiff bettering our results. Beating Cardiff with draws against Wolves and Newcastle itself may even be enough.

Cardiff's remaining fixtures:

Brighton away
Liverpool home
Fulham away
Palace home
United away

Fulham showed some bite on Saturday against Everton and with the 'relief' of relegation, they can play with literally no pressure at all - this will be a tough away match for Cardiff. They could beat Palace, but I can see this being a draw or a palace win - palace's away form is pretty good but also the additional spots up the ladder = $$$ that really, they do need.

Along side this, they need to play Liverpool and United who have their own battles, they could be thumped and this all could go down to goal difference. Obviously I'm stating the obvious, but this is still well and truly in our hands.

el punal

Not even Palace fans will be supporting Palace that day if a Cardiff win means we go down.

The word according to St.Bollocks! On the basis that your comment is tongue in cheek, fine, if not think again. No fan ever wants to see their team to lose - to anyone. Palace fans will want us to stay up so they can avenge the two defeats and six points to us.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The word according to St.Bollocks! On the basis that your comment is tongue in cheek, fine, if not think again. No fan ever wants to see their team to lose - to anyone. Palace fans will want us to stay up so they can avenge the two defeats and six points to us.

It was meant incredibly in cheek :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here