Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomorrow night, would you take a point now?

Would you take a point now if offered it?

• Yes, we are shit so this is our best chance of staying up

Votes: 116 39.2%
  • No, Cardiff are as shit as us and a win pretty much guarantees safety

Votes: 180 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It will interesting to see how many of those who say yes are also accusing CH of being too negative.

After all if we actually win it we'd be 8 points clear and with a better goal difference - there is no way Cardiff are overhauling that IMO especially as I think we'd get another point from Wolves or Newcastle. And as shit as we undoubtedly are at the moment, Cardiff aren't any better. They simply don't score goals normally, although it will have been a while since they played against a defence as shit and flaky as ours has been recently.

I'd like to see the Albion go all out for the win here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It will interesting to see how many of those who say yes are also accusing CH of being too negative.

After all if we actually win it we'd be 8 points clear and with a better goal difference - there is no way Cardiff are overhauling that IMO especially as I think we'd get another point from Wolves or Newcastle. And as shit as we undoubtedly are at the moment, Cardiff aren't any better. They simply don't score goals.

a) I'm not accusing Hughton of being too negative,
b) I'd like to see us go all out for the win

but

c) I'd take a point now if you offered it, as I fear the consequences of a defeat.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

After all if we actually win it we'd be 8 points clear and with a better goal difference - there is no way Cardiff are overhauling that IMO especially as I think we'd get another point from Wolves or Newcastle. And as shit as we undoubtedly are at the moment, Cardiff aren't any better. They simply don't score goals.

I have just booked flight and tickets to take my Granddaughter to the Newcastle game.
She has NEVER seen the Albion lose!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No. A point still leaves things nervy, as this game is easily our best chance left this season to get a win. If we are going to stay up, we have to have some belief that we are more than good enough to beat ****ing Cardiff at home. If Hughton sets up in any other way than to attack, then I fear he may be gone mentally/lost the dressing room.

Also, if Kayal doesn't play any part tomorrow night, what is the point of having him at the club? The midfield 3 must be absolutely blowing out of their ********s by now.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If it were offered as a final score now, probably yes.

It will be interesting to see how we approach it, if we are 0-0 with 10 minutes left. Does Hughton have the guts to urge our players forward for the win? Would we be running it down to the corner flag? How would Cardiff approach an impending draw?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Tricky one....Yes would take a point leaving Cardiff five behind us with four games to play. Liverpool H, Fulham A, Palace H, Man U A.

IMO, a win we stay up, a draw we 95% stay up, a loss we 65% stay up.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I would take a guaranteed point now rather than risk losing.

Form and morale in the team will be at rock bottom and the atmosphere will be more toxic than that in Chernobyl if we lose.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I didn't take a point, but it is not a disaster if we get one - Cardiff have a mountain to climb to overhaul us.. They are gambling that we buckle - if we don't buckle on Tuesday, they will feel (inside at least) that their best chance has gone.. To then go and win 3 games more than us ( just the three games then) is very unlikely! I am arguing that I would settle for a point! Not sure how the game will go - do they say, "we will hold, you cant break us down, and we will nick it once the crowd turns" or do they throw everything at the 1st 20 mins knowing we might not be able to break them down if they get one in front ... and the crowd turns..

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I would take a guaranteed point now rather than risk losing.

Form and morale in the team will be at rock bottom and the atmosphere will be more toxic than that in Chernobyl if we lose.

3-0 down on 70 mins...Easy journey home for those who stay till the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here