Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomorrow night, would you take a point now?

Would you take a point now if offered it?

• Yes, we are shit so this is our best chance of staying up

Votes: 116 39.2%
  • No, Cardiff are as shit as us and a win pretty much guarantees safety

Votes: 180 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, I hope that doesn't happen, but I think he has reached the end with us , regardless of staying up or not.
However, I am not Tony Bloom and if we do stay up, I would be very surprised if he shows Hughton the door.

Tony wasn't even prepared to sack Sami when we were heading out of the Championship the wrong way........if we stay up I can't see him sacking Chris. He'll get another season and a big transfer budget in the summer.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
I would take a point but we are not shit.

We are Brighton and Hove Albion and we are in the premier league.

In fact, this is possibly the best Brighton team I've seen in my lifetime.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
To be honest, I think a draw may not be enough anyway.
I fancy Cardiff to win against Palace and Fulham and if United have nothing to play for on the last match of the season, then who knows.
I wouldn't fancy our chances of picking up 4 points from our last games, if we can only draw against Cardiff.

We will stay up if we win. We have to go for it.

So for once.... No I would not take a point.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Last time we had a "would you take a point now " thread expecting a disaster, it was before the Palace game.

Top work by the OP - 3 points in the bag. (But we could do with a Crodo thread as insurance).

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
If we play for a draw (like always) then we will inevitably concede a shithouse setpiece and lose 1-0. However, if we set out to win and end up drawing then I'd be happy with that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oo that's a tough one. I've ummed and ahhed, and decided on no, I wouldn't.

If we can only manage one point, that could be our last this season, seeing Cardiff pass us with wins against Fulham and Palace.

Despite the fact that we've had some shocking games recently, I still think we're better than Cardiff, so I'd like to hope for a win, which would virtually guarantee safety, and mean less stress for the rest of the season, leading to a longer life.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They play at least 8 games a season less FFS! Mentally tired maybe, but that's because they're playing at the top level now, that's what they're paid for!

I wouldn't be surprised if Dunk and Duffy are ****ing knackered right now, having had to play Hughton's backs-to-the-wall last ditch style for 2 seasons. They're very, very good at it, but it would tire out anyone after a certain amount of time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't take a point, but it is not a disaster if we get one - Cardiff have a mountain to climb to overhaul us.. They are gambling that we buckle - if we don't buckle on Tuesday, they will feel (inside at least) that their best chance has gone.. To then go and win 3 games more than us ( just the three games then) is very unlikely!
Er, if we don't buckle, and we get a point, they'll only need 2 more wins than us, not 3.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They play at least 8 games a season less FFS! Mentally tired maybe, but that's because they're playing at the top level now, that's what they're paid for!

You are forgetting we have internationals who have extra matches plus flying to away games.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Exciting, isn't it? And excruciating.

For all the kids, whose history with the clubs begins with Withdean or thereabouts, this is what every home game felt like at the end of the 1996/1997 season - when it felt like the club's very existence was at stake.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think people interpret these types of thread and questions in different ways.
You mean, some people don't understand basic English, and interpret the question incorrectly?
I absolutely believe that our players have what it takes to win this game, but I'm not answering that question.

I answered the hypothetical question of whether I would accept a point now or take the gamble of winning/losing.
Ah, so you answered the question that was asked, as opposed to answering one that wasn't. Cunning.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
No I wouldn’t be happy with a point - if the gap remains 5, I can see Cardiff chipping away at that lead without us picking up anything in our remaining games. They are fighting hard. This is starting to feel a bit like the end of our last Championship season, as we run out of opportunities to get over the line. Hope I’m wrong though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Look at how Bournemouth set up against us - their first 11 isn't particularly better than ours. But they didn't come with an attitude of "Don't lose at any cost".
Neither did we. We were attacking, and we got hit on the counter. We were defensively poor. We didn't play the defensive style that Chris so often has us playing.

We played defensively at the start of the season, and racked up the points. Then after Christmas, we experimented with 433, and tried to attack more, and we kept losing. When Chris tries to have us attack more, it often fails, which leads to us resorting to type.

Although the game on Saturday turned into a shit show, we were actually trying to attack. The game against Southampton was less forgiveable, as it was our defensiveness that lead to the only goal.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wouldn’t take a point, that team needs to pull its big girls knickers up, get together and deal with Cardiff like a Premier League team should! If they can’t then to be frank they deserve to be relegated.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, I'd absolutely take a point now. How many opportunities have we had that we have stuffed up to make our lives much easier. A point would leave Cardiff still 5 points behind and, given that they should 99% of the time lose to Liverpool and Man Utd, they would have to beat both Palace and Fulham away and hope that we take no more points. A win would be nice but can't believe many people are confident enough to risk it taking into account our recent performances.
You talk sense, but it's easy to see Cardiff beating Fulham, and you could imagine some Palace players saying to each other 'you know, I'm not that fussed if we lose this one' - and if we go into the last game of the season level on points, I would not be at all confident that Cardiff couldn't get a point at Old Trafford, sending us down - Utd will probably have nothing to play for.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Neither did we. We were attacking, and we got hit on the counter. We were defensively poor. We didn't play the defensive style that Chris so often has us playing.

We played defensively at the start of the season, and racked up the points. Then after Christmas, we experimented with 433, and tried to attack more, and we kept losing. When Chris tries to have us attack more, it often fails, which leads to us resorting to type.

Although the game on Saturday turned into a shit show, we were actually trying to attack. The game against Southampton was less forgiveable, as it was our defensiveness that lead to the only goal.

This.

Throwing bodies forward against Burnley, Fulham (second half) and Bmuff, was most unlike PL Chris. Leading to goals flying in against, defenders exposed.

CH's normal PL approach attracted the NSC critics, but yielded results.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here