Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Bournemouth, (grim) REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Well, yeah - I wouldn’t bother either, if I were you...

https://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?792-Albion-v-Bournemouth-13.04.2019

And then in one pathetic angry moment, the game was up. The Albion’s best move of the game released Locadia into the box. The Dutchman squared, invitingly for Murray- but a Bournemouth foot reached the ball first, and the ball broke loose. As Bournemouth’s Adam Smith let the ball roll across him, to clear, Anthony Knockaert’s frustration exploded into a ridiculous, unforgivable flying assault, that saw him inevitably dismissed to angry words from BOTH sets of players.

Within just one week, petulant little high-maintenance French genius, has been Man of the Match against a billion pound team at Wembley, received the Premier League Goal of the Month award for an absolute beauty at our arch rivals, and now thrown a game and picked up a ban for three crucial matches, for acting like an angry spoiled child, owing his PlayStation controller at the TV. Anthony Knockaert, ladies and gentlemen.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good write up as usual. Not sure why you have Fraser down as a cheat though. I'd also add that I thought the pocket-Saints looked a breath of fresh air coming forward and that their support was absolutely shit. Not a peep until they scored.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Good report, it was a tragic comedy at the end, I actually left in a decent mood all considered.

Small typo in the Knockaert summation paragraph, "owing his playstation controller" should be "throwing".

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Excellent report - yes 72 hrs actually and they've about 30 left to get this team motivated . A bad start and we're in trouble . An annoying poetic w***er awaits to gloat over a loss as well - if that's what happens . Still at least the weathers getting better !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good write up as usual. Not sure why you have Fraser down as a cheat though. I'd also add that I thought the pocket-Saints looked a breath of fresh air coming forward and that their support was absolutely shit. Not a peep until they scored.

Watch via a watery rivery thing and I barely heard Bournemouth at all. Heard us singing pretty loudly "4-0 and you still don't sing".

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I'm not even going to mention lack of ARTWORK. It took courage for me to read the report, you need real resolve to write it after that torture. Well done as always.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great report and an insight into CH's masterplan for Tuesday in the bit that talks about them walking around like they couldn't be bothered. They obviously realised the game was up so they were conserving all that much-needed energy for Tuesday night. Superb game management :jester:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Excellent report as usual [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION]. Great read, even despite a horrendous result and performance.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Isn't it just.

I've been keeping my head down a bit, as I expect Palace fans to be having great fun with that shot.

Great picture. Feel free to edit it into the report as a perfect illustration. Doesn’t need embellishing at all.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

I agree, that Bournemouth were excellent. Pretty much a perfect away performance - and absolutely clinical with the possession we gifted them.

I had Fraser down as a horrible snide cheat, on the grounds of him being a horrible snide cheat. It’s an assessment formed over five years, not one game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had Fraser down as a horrible snide cheat, on the grounds of him being a horrible snide cheat. It’s an assessment formed over five years, not one game.
I'm sure you did, I was hoping you'd provide an example of his snidey behaviour because I don't remember it on Saturday or at any other time tbh. :shrug:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I'm sure you did, I was hoping you'd provide an example of his snidey behaviour because I don't remember it on Saturday or at any other time tbh. :shrug:

Just watch him, in almost genuinely, any game. Always throwing himself to the ground. Always faking injuries. He’s a little prick.

Only one real example on Saturday - the ‘foul’ by Montoya, on the East touchline a minute or two after Knockaert’s red. Fraser writhing in agony - Bournemouth fans up in arms - there was literally NO contact. He is a disgrace.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I've still not quite taken in the fact that we didn't test what is probably, in my humble opinion, the very worst 'keeper in the Premier League - not once. Well done Albion.

Not having that. Jonas Lossl is an absolute shambles.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Watch via a watery rivery thing and I barely heard Bournemouth at all. Heard us singing pretty loudly "4-0 and you still don't sing".

We were close to Bournemouth fans (usually sit elsewhere) and they were pretty good, even before the goals. Actually the third almost seemed to stun them into silence, I think they were as surprised as we were by how easy it all was.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here