Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was the cup run too much of a distraction?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I was thinking that our form has dropped since the New Year, which is also when the third round of the FA cup started.
Last year Southampton were also a semi finalist, and were fighting against relegation right up to the last game of the season, with Swansea losing out.
It's a similar situation for us with Cardiff at the moment.

Only 3 weeks ago, many were saying they'd accept relegation if we'd got to the final & won the cup.

Just a thought.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
More likely beating Crystal Palace twice caused the players to get complacent each time.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No

We were shit long before the cup run started and most of the first team weren't involved until later rounds.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We were poor for a large part of the games against West Brom and Millwall, so it wasn’t like we were saving our quality for then.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The team have got bored of Chris’ messages and tactics. He’s stopped being able to motivate them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the financial rewards as we progressed changed CH views and had he stuck with his original choice of team for the cup we may not be in the position we are now. So the answer has to be Yes to a degree.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think now, with the way things have turned out then I would say yes. Yes it was.

We only had one replay but going up to West Brom on a cold Wednesday night in February was a hard, tough as nails tie. It took a lot out of us in our next league game at home to Burnley.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think the financial rewards as we progressed changed CH views and had he stuck with his original choice of team for the cup we may not be in the position we are now. So the answer has to be Yes to a degree.

**** me you can get a degree in anything these days. Congrats BG

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
But you could argue that Burnley suffered from their Europa Cup run with a really poor start to the
season. Same thing in my opinion. Only since the start of the year have they begun to 'recover'.

I think our players are just knackered and jaded.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here