Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockeart - The People's Vote

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am surprised to see so many supporters turning on Knocky this weekend. Sure another moment of madness but the French magician is pretty much the ONLY player in the team at the moment who can make something happen and goes at them. From hero at Wembley to Zero within a week, well not for me

He is my favourite player of the last 3 seasons. I LOVE his passion and flair. I would be gutted to see him go

What is the verdict at the end of this season ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
CLOSED - See other thread

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
KEEP.

He plays with his heart on his sleeve and leaves nothing on the pitch.

Only one looking like taking the bull by the horns at times on the pitch and I’ll forgive the red card because of what he offers. Our only unpredictable player.

March - run up line, receive ball, not attempt to take man on, don’t cross, don’t check back inside for a shot, pass back. Rinse repeat.

Ali J - See above

Jose Izquierdo - injured.

All of these SHOULD offer something similar but for various reasons this season just don’t.

My interpretation is they play to specific instructions and don’t deviate for fear of being dropped for not obeying instruction. It’s this part that makes me lose a degree of faith in CH.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most have realized he is not CONSISTENTLY up to Premier Standards, he is probably too good for the Championship but the defenders in the Premier are far better and cope with him easier, so he is less effective.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most have realized he is not CONSISTENTLY up to Premier Standards, he is probably too good for the Championship but the defenders in the Premier are far better and cope with him easier, so he is less effective.

You could say that applies to 50% of our squad.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm with [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION]. AK is a liability. Second on the clear-out list after the useless Jurgen Locadia for me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh dear the correct thread with the vote has been binned off. I think I will go back to bed

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can the mods put back the Knockaert and poll thread and bin this one off

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

Because he is so predictable. Always wants to cut inside to cross/shot with his left foot. Every PL defender (Palarse excepted) knows exactly how he plays.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Our best performances over the last 2 seasons have been in games that Knocky has played well in, and he and Izzy were our best wing combo last season by a long shot. Not only is he a useful member of the Premier League squad, but he would be invaluable in a bounce-back promotion bid if we got relegated to the Championship. One for the stats geeks: Since he joined in Jan 2016, we averaged 2.1 points a game over the subsequent 67 Championship games! If we'd had him from the beginning of 15/16, we'd have been promoted long before the last day of the season at 'Boro.

Thankfully his contract runs for another 3 seasons after this one.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Our best performances over the last 2 seasons have been in games that Knocky has played well in, and he and Izzy were our best wing combo last season by a long shot. Not only is he a useful member of the Premier League squad, but he would be invaluable in a bounce-back promotion bid if we got relegated to the Championship. One for the stats geeks: Since he joined in Jan 2016, we averaged 2.1 points a game over the subsequent 67 Championship games! If we'd had him from the beginning of 15/16, we'd have been promoted long before the last day of the season at 'Boro.

:thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Because he is so predictable. Always wants to cut inside to cross/shot with his left foot. Every PL defender (Palarse excepted) knows exactly how he plays.

But when he cuts inside normally Bruno would offer an option outside, Montoya rarely does this and quite often runs to the same area as Knockaert.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree entirely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

He is like a few of our players - would rip up the Championship but nowhere near good enough for this level. If we go down, I hope we also keep Locadia as he would score plenty down there. But really, I don't think there is any correlation between our good Premier league performances and Knocky playing well in. Arguably our best performance of the season was Man Utd at home and while Knocky played, he wasn't especially notable for us winning the game. In fact, those were the days when Gross used to play. Now there is someone who has a massive impact on this team.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I love Knocky when he's on song as he does things nobody else in our team does, but the problem with games like Saturday has been that his passion has boiled over into recklessness. I appreciate you can't usually get one without the other, but the sheer stupidity of his actions was gobsmacking.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He is like a few of our players - would rip up the Championship but nowhere near good enough for this level. If we go down, I hope we also keep Locadia as he would score plenty down there. But really, I don't think there is any correlation between our good Premier league performances and Knocky playing well in. Arguably our best performance of the season was Man Utd at home and while Knocky played, he wasn't especially notable for us winning the game. In fact, those were the days when Gross used to play. Now there is someone who has a massive impact on this team.

Some good points in my opinion....not sure I agree re the MU game I thought AK was influential....but totally agree re PG ..Murray in particular is suffering from his absence and hence we are..as the goals have dried up

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But when he cuts inside normally Bruno would offer an option outside, Montoya rarely does this and quite often runs to the same area as Knockaert.....

This. Bruno and Knockaert had an almost psychic understanding of each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here