Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to bury the hatchet and get behind the team

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I fear for the atmosphere if we concede first. Will be absolutely toxic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just a little surprised that you think a couple of summer signings are needed.I think 4/5 might be a more realistic figure.

A couple of signings who are significantly better than what we've got would make a big difference. Yes, they'd cost a lot too, most of our transfer budget. I continue to be just a little surprised that some people want to buy 4 or 5 (or more in a number of cases) which, on our budget, will result in just getting in a job lot of players probably no better than what we've already got.

That's what we did in 2018, but hey, if you try something and it doesn't work, just keep trying it again until it does, eh?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Keep calm and carry on

My sentiments exactly with the OP. We have come so far in such a comparatively short time, the upwards trajectory was never going to go on forever and there were always going to be bumps in the road and this is one of them.

We need to stay calm and get right behind Chris and the team and roar us to the promised land of Premier League safety.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I can see the crowd being bang up for it at kick off. I just hope the players don't waste that as they have so often this season. If Cardiff get the first goal, and get it early, then I do fear the place could turn. And not in a pleasant way either.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Never signed a PL experienced player no coincidence Long and Redmond are scoring and we can’t hit a barn door.

This is a valid point, although probably one which should be in it's own thread, but doing the PL "on a budget" has really cost us. I'd throw in Rondon, was desperate for us to be in for him last summer but he went to Newcastle, and he's fired them to safety.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I can see the crowd being bang up for it at kick off. I just hope the players don't waste that as they have so often this season. If Cardiff get the first goal, and get it early, then I do fear the place could turn. And not in a pleasant way either.

We need a 1st half Sheffield Wed 2nd leg type atmosphere.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
A couple of signings who are significantly better than what we've got would make a big difference. Yes, they'd cost a lot too, most of our transfer budget. I continue to be just a little surprised that some people want to buy 4 or 5 (or more in a number of cases) which, on our budget, will result in just getting in a job lot of players probably no better than what we've already got.

That's what we did in 2018, but hey, if you try something and it doesn't work, just keep trying it again until it does, eh?

As I said on another thread I’m a little disappointed that the Academy has after five years not produced one first team player.We shouldn’t be buying in all with the academy investment

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We need a 1st half Sheffield Wed 2nd leg type atmosphere.

I’m not entirely sure a noisy atmosphere particularly helps the team performance. We drew that game against Wednesday and the other one that is often cited, against Burnley, we lost. The other games where the club have sought to build the pre-match atmosphere, such as against Crystal Palace in the play-off, with the singer, we lost.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Danny Murphy said on MOTD that Cardiff gave it a go, no doubt they will again on Tuesday, we had better give it an even BIGGER GO !!!!!! That's all of us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I fear for the atmosphere if we concede first. Will be absolutely toxic.

We’ll be relegated if the anti-CH brigade turn the atmosphere toxic. Simple.

Generate a Sheff Weds Play-Off atmosphere (as others have said) and we’ll be fine.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
We’ll be relegated if the anti-CH brigade turn the atmosphere toxic. Simple.

Generate a Sheff Weds Play-Off atmosphere (as others have said) and we’ll be fine.

While a supportive crowd can help its down to the players picked to show more ticker then they have of late.CH must get his tactics right as well.Chanting Albion,Albion won’t win a match on its own I’m afraid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
While a supportive crowd can help its down to the players picked to show more ticker then they have of late.CH must get his tactics right as well.Chanting Albion,Albion won’t win a match on its own I’m afraid.

Can you give us a list of approved chants?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Lots of negativity, criticism and harmful comments over the past couple of days borne out of frustration, disappointment and anger. Now is the time to get behind the team.

we have less than 36 hours before we kick off to save our season and PL status. Ok we aren’t great and most of us knew that before Saturday, but on our day, at home and with the crowd behind us we can match if not beat most teams, not least Cardiff.

If the players walk out tomorrow to GOSBTS booming out around the Amex they will be motivated and then it’s up to them. If we don’t get behind them and we lose then we are partly to blame because we could have done more.

Come on, let’s sink Warnock’s ship and give us PL football again next season.

Blimey

WELL DONE AND WELL SAID - IT WAS A TERRIBLE DAY AT THE OFFICE . AND SHAME ON YOU IF YOU LEFT BEFORE THE FINAL WHISTLE . Tuesday night we need to turn up as well as the team

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

It's a statement of fact that a noisy crowd gives players a lift.

I think we will be up for this one, but I fear going a goal down. Crowd needs to be as supportive as possible whilst the scoreline remains practical to overturn.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Lots of negativity, criticism and harmful comments over the past couple of days borne out of frustration, disappointment and anger. Now is the time to get behind the team.

we have less than 36 hours before we kick off to save our season and PL status. Ok we aren’t great and most of us knew that before Saturday, but on our day, at home and with the crowd behind us we can match if not beat most teams, not least Cardiff.

If the players walk out tomorrow to GOSBTS booming out around the Amex they will be motivated and then it’s up to them. If we don’t get behind them and we lose then we are partly to blame because we could have done more.

Come on, let’s sink Warnock’s ship and give us PL football again next season.

Blimey

I respect your sentiments but the players walked out on Saturday with GOSBTS booming out around the Amex. Where was their motivation then?

Yes, we will give it another go tomorrow of course but the players looked like they didn't give a shit on Saturday. It is difficult to summon up the motivation to keep the support going when the players clearly can't be arsed.

We aren't being paid many thousands of pounds a week to support the team. It is down to the manager to take off the shackles and let us play and for the players to perform.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still around 300 tickets left for tomorrow for biggest game of the season by far...

Similar amount also for Wolves away...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
WELL DONE AND WELL SAID - IT WAS A TERRIBLE DAY AT THE OFFICE . AND SHAME ON YOU IF YOU LEFT BEFORE THE FINAL WHISTLE . Tuesday night we need to turn up as well as the team

I don't mind people leaving early but when they scream in your face about how s...t we are as they go, it does rather spoil the game for me. Go home and take it out on the dog (on second thoughts, leave the poor dog alone too)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Danny Murphy said on MOTD that Cardiff gave it a go, no doubt they will again on Tuesday, we had better give it an even BIGGER GO !!!!!! That's all of us.

this is what concerns me.

Earlier in he season I would of fancied us but Cardiff have to win and this is effectively a cup final tomorrow.

They looked gone at one point so their tales are up. Warnock WILL get them fired up and this is their chance they've worked so hard for.

I'm not convinced we are going to match their fire in our bellies and this game we are going to need to be fired up.

I'm convinced they are going to cause us all sorts of issues

Would take a draw all day long

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here