Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to bury the hatchet and get behind the team

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yes support the team tomorrow but a win would only paper over the cracks of a team with deep problems

Are they really DEEP problems? One or two players haven't really cut it this season (in which we've had 2 of last year's more influential performers out). Everyone knows the areas that need strengthening. A couple of summer signings and departures, tactical tweaks, maybe the drastic measure of changing manager if he won't do that, and the return of some confidence and we could very quickly be winning some games. You only have to look at Southampton to see that - they'd been rubbish for 2 years!

So for now let's focus on winning tomorrow - which would take us to 36 points. Probably not far off where we expected to be.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You can be realistic without being a misery.

Not really.

I'm 100% behind CH and the team tomorrow - I'm desperate for us to stay up - but let's be honest the football this season has been pretty dire, we've made some poor signings and the entertainment level has been very low. We're so predictable - summed up by our kick-offs - same old, same old.

Huge changes are needed in the summer, whatever division we are in.

That's not being miserable, just realistic.

I repeat.

Nobody likes being trounced 5-0. Nobody is saying we're good enough, but I am fed up with toxic fans.
I have no idea whether we'll stay up or not, but some of the griping is OTT.

I think part of our problem is injuries to March & Groß.
I've heard they're training so hopefully fit enough to play some part tomorrow.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why wouldn’t we be supporting our team?

Sorry, but whilst we’re all hacked off only a complete moron wouldn’t support their own team.

I don’t understand this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You must have some good people around you, because I hear some rubbish in the north.
There is always rubbish being spoken at a football match. I was in the ESL on Saturday and along with the North, the number of people having a pop at the ref and the Bournemouth defender after AK's irresponsible sending off was absolutely contemptible. It was the most blatant sending off I have ever seen in real-time and people everywhere were whinging it was everyone else's fault except our own big-nosed irresponsible tosser (yes I am still F**KED off with him). It was like the whole North and East stands suddenly turned into scousers.

But I still maintain that Tuesday evening, the sound will be deafening and the atmosphere as good as it has ever been.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Are they really DEEP problems? One or two players haven't really cut it this season (in which we've had 2 of last year's more influential performers out). Everyone knows the areas that need strengthening. A couple of summer signings and departures, tactical tweaks, maybe the drastic measure of changing manager if he won't do that, and the return of some confidence and we could very quickly be winning some games. You only have to look at Southampton to see that - they'd been rubbish for 2 years!

So for now let's focus on winning tomorrow - which would take us to 36 points. Probably not far off where we expected to be.

A little bit of this. This is the same squad that was putting in decent performances and grinding out results before the turn of the year. At one stage up they were seven points up on what was expected of them (according to the NSC tracker). No reason why they can't improve to that level again...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is always rubbish being spoken at a football match. I was in the ESL on Saturday and along with the North, the number of people having a pop at the ref and the Bournemouth defender after AK's irresponsible sending off was absolutely contemptible. It was the most blatant sending off I have ever seen in real-time and people everywhere were whinging it was everyone else's fault except our own big-nosed irresponsible tosser (yes I am still F**KED off with him). It was like the whole North and East stands suddenly turned into scousers.

But I still maintain that Tuesday evening, the sound will be deafening and the atmosphere as good as it has ever been.

I hope so, because at the moment my honest feelings are that I don't want to go. Not because I think we'll lose but because of some of the fans.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011

Just a little surprised that you think a couple of summer signings are needed.I think 4/5 might be a more realistic figure.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We are so ****.ed club took the eye off the ball after a decent start to the season, if we had kept playing early season form we would be 7th right now. When the aim is to just survive each season the players are playing with little ambition or motivation. Our identity as a club to fight the odds with amazing fans who once stood together to get us through the bad times and good has gone. We have been well and truly rinsed for every penny by a CE0 who only sees fans as cash cows. All very disappointing should of signed a playmaker in January as Gross was obviously way off his best. Never signed a PL experienced player no coincidence Long and Redmond are scoring and we can’t hit a barn door. How CH has survived this long is a mystery we will go down without a fight absolutely pathetic from all at the club.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We are so ****.ed club took the eye off the ball after a decent start to the season, if we had kept playing early season form we would be 7th right now. When the aim is to just survive each season the players are playing with little ambition or motivation. Our identity as a club to fight the odds with amazing fans who once stood together to get us through the bad times and good has gone. We have been well and truly rinsed for every penny by a CE0 who only sees fans as cash cows. All very disappointing should of signed a playmaker in January as Gross was obviously way off his best. Never signed a PL experienced player no coincidence Long and Redmond are scoring and we can’t hit a barn door. How CH has survived this long is a mystery we will go down without a fight absolutely pathetic from all at the club.
.....and lets get behind the team tomorrow night :moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why wouldn’t we be supporting our team?

Sorry, but whilst we’re all hacked off only a complete moron wouldn’t support their own team.

I don’t understand this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can understand it ....we've all had a rightful moan from Saturday and Sunday.....today we must turn our attention to tomorrow night and show some positivity .....and unfortunately there are a few morons to choose your word

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that most supporters will get behind the team and if we take the lead the place will erupt BUT if Cardiff score first the atmosphere could change with all of the anti CH taking over vocally.

The first moans will be at about 6.45 when the teams are announced because which ever way it will not be the right team for many.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can understand it ....we've all had a rightful moan from Saturday and Sunday.....today we must turn our attention to tomorrow night and show some positivity .....and unfortunately there are a few morons to choose your word

Thanks Lamie - same wavelength !

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Of course, once the enormity of the game on Tuesday properly replaces the anger from Saturday in everyone's mind then we'll all be behind the team.

What's important though, is for us in the stands to keep a cool head if we concede or things aren't going right.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We'll all be up for it .

Will be thousands getting on the players backs earlier than normal if things are not working though. 100% GUARENTEED.

If we lose then people are going to be venting.

Need to do our part though but Cardiff wont be bothered.

Fully expecting a few ref decisions to go warnocks way after the games lately. Its been well documented in the media that Cardiff feel the refs are against them and the fans are vocally singing about it now.

Can see a soft pen given tomorrow

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes support the team tomorrow but a win would only paper over the cracks of a team with deep problems

You’re right, but we then have the whole summer to figure that out. Right now all we can do is do our bit to keep the side up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here