Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Is Tiger Woods Masters won the greatest sporting story ever?

Tigers Masters win the greatest sporting story ever?

• Yes it was mindblowing

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No, it was incredible but something else just pips it

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Unbelievable emotion and drama yesterday at Augusta. Tiger Woods, quite simply the greatest golfer ever, to come back from illness and then injury cruelly and to have been written off by so many. He plunged to over 1,000 in the world rankings and then 10 years after his last major triumph to do it again?!

It was the lead story on BBC news at 10, I don’t even think if an Englishman would have won the Masters it would have been the top story such is the regard Tiger is held not only in our country but globally by the golfing and wider sporting family.

They will no doubt make it into a blockbuster movie one day but generations from now will find it hard to believe it was a true story, you really couldn’t have scripted it any better.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
had surgery 45 to fix/correct parts of him, including spinal fusion (?!). was a washed up wreck a few years ago, so yes probably greatest comeback ever.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
At least he smiled at the end. That’s the story.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Niki Lauda was given the death rites he was so badly burnt in a race accident. Yet six weeks later he was back in an F1 car still bandaged up and ultimately loses the championship by a single point.

Can't think of anything else that matches that comeback.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
An unbelievable comeback from Tiger. He was an absolute laughing stock in the time he lost the plot to pretty much this time last year. I never thought he would managed to contend in another major let alone win one. I saw him in his pomp close up and he was a joy to watch as he was a proper golfing athlete before anyone else was, bar Gary Player anyway. He changed the way golfers prepared and took the game to a different level. To come back and win another major after ten years in the wilderness is quite amazing. Looking forward to seeing him in the flesh again next year in The Open Championship at Royal St Georges.

D

Deleted member 2719

No, I can't stand the man.

With Tiger winning and the Albion being smashed at home looking helpless and not to say my son's team taking hiding it really was a shite weekend.

It's a good job, I'm not a betting man.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There should be a third category for those of us for whom golf is irrelevant and therefore don't think it is a great story whatsoever.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
"On the fence, John".

It was lovely seeing pictures of him with his family and what he's been through injury-wise and it's a great sporting story but not at the top for me. I'm not a huge fan of golf anyway.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Not even Tiger Woods greatest comeback, that must surely be how he dodged a drug driving charge. Or how people still like him after he spent years treating his wife like shit and sleeping with anything that moved.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not even Tiger Woods greatest comeback, that must surely be how he dodged a drug driving charge. Or how people still like him after he spent years treating his wife like shit and sleeping with anything that moved.

Totally this.

The press obsession with him drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Niki Lauda was given the death rites he was so badly burnt in a race accident. Yet six weeks later he was back in an F1 car still bandaged up and ultimately loses the championship by a single point.

Can't think of anything else that matches that comeback.

Lazarus ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How about a football club coming back from having nowhere to play and almost dropping to the fifth tier of football, only to find themselves in the top division and the FA cup semi final a mere 20 years later? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here