Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Is Tiger Woods Masters won the greatest sporting story ever?

Tigers Masters win the greatest sporting story ever?

• Yes it was mindblowing

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No, it was incredible but something else just pips it

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
In golfing terms Jack Nicklaus is the greatest ever golfer. 17 majors 6 of which are Masters. Tigers Ryder cup record is abysmal as well.
Niki Lauda literally minutes from death and is back racing that year and wins another world title has to be the greatest comeback.
Brighton getting thrashed and him winning the Masters has been a shit weekend for me also.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All we need now is a sycophantic interview from the BBC's Gary Richardson, in a word...

NO

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even if it were the Albion getting a shot on target tomorrow will instantly push it down to second place.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's a prick.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Never has one man done more for a sport than Tiger Woods has for golf.

:bowdown:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nah,

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Steve Redgrave .. rowing

He did do a lot for a relatively small sport, Tiger took one of the major world sports to new levels and new audiences entertaining and enthralling us all the way.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
He did do a lot for a relatively small sport, Tiger took one of the major world sports to new levels and new audiences entertaining and enthralling us all the way.
Please don't get me wrong, I have played golf for more years than I care to remember starting as a boy caddie at the West Sussex golf club. I just don't get the whole Tiger thing. Totally manufactured, false smiles and limp hand shakes etc. His back problems were his own doing, Peter Alliss once mentioned if he keeps winding his back up like a spring he'll need surgery before he's 50. He ignored strong medical advice on many occasions not to play but he did.
If you want great come backs read up on Niki Lauda.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm no horse racing fan or expert but Bob Champion winning the 1981 Grand National on Aldaniti whilst recovering from cancer is up there for me as one the greatest ever sporting story. Getting over those fences whilst fully fit is an achievement in itself but to do so in those circumstances, and win the race, is incredible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here