Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vs Cardiff

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
As this is nothing more than a glorified championship game, surely it’s time for 4-4 f’ing 2? This is how we’d line up at home in the division below so why, in the name of all that sucks, not?

By this I mean, two actually playing up front... none of this false #9, pretend 10, passive 8, philosophical 11, mythical 7 or pointless 6.

I’m acutely aware Hughton wants to “get back to being hard to beat”, but if we stealthily rearrange and alter that phrase thusly; “get back to trying to beat the opposition.” You never know, It might just work :)

Come on Chris, rediscover that mojo of yore and let’s score a few. I’m thinking Leeds at home, steamroller time.

Strangely positive this evening. Where there’s hope, there’s errrmmm hope etc.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's time for confidence throughout the team again.

Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Jahanbakhsh Propper Stephens Izquierdo
Andone Locadia​

I don't care what happened saturday, this team beats Cardiff. And that's our season!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's time for confidence throughout the team again.

Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Jahanbakhsh Propper Stephens Izquierdo
Andone Locadia​

I don't care what happened saturday, this team beats Cardiff. And that's our season!

Exactly old friend. If CH isn’t brave enough or is too stubborn to let the delusion of PL ‘strategy’ go... well then he’ll probably get what he deserves. He needs to be brave, or moreover pragmatic re the level of opposition and that attack is the best form of defence against Cardiff.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Cardiff will win 0-3.

They’ll rough us up, press and pepper Ryan with shots.

Once they score the first, they are THE masters of killing time.

Now is the time to cheer up... don’t imagine the worst. Don’t fear the reaper.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Exactly old friend. If CH isn’t brave enough or is too stubborn to let the delusion of PL ‘strategy’ go... well then he’ll probably get what he deserves. He needs to be brave, or moreover pragmatic re the level of opposition and that attack is the best form of defence against Cardiff.

I think he'll listen to his squad. The defence picks itself and the midfield just needs natural balance to it. Andone and Locadia can play as a pair in the middle, no problem. Hughton's worked so hard to get us where we are and assemble the squad that we have. Time to trust that he's bought well, and let the boys do their thing. We've got enough captains on the pitch to get the boys to do the job and I think we'll grind out a 1-0 win with that man Alireza proving his class. :albion2:

I believe.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m relaxed, philosophical about it all. We’re so bad, it’s kind of funny. Sorry.

Yet vs City we were, on the face of it, pretty good.

Yesterday was a disgrace, no question and BOY was I pissed... yet tonight, this is a thread based on a fragile hope, I retain enough to try to put it to bed what was and hope for a brighter dawn in the valley yonder.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think he'll listen to his squad. The defence picks itself and the midfield just needs natural balance to it. Andone and Locadia can play as a pair in the middle, no problem. Hughton's worked so hard to get us where we are and assemble the squad that we have. Time to trust that he's bought well, and let the boys do their thing. We've got enough captains on the pitch to get the boys to do the job and I think we'll grind out a 1-0 win with that man Alireza proving his class. :albion2:

I believe.

Top post.

We all need to believe again, Chris, the players and the fans. CH needs to admit his system is broken... it’s his to fix.

Come on CH... think about it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yet vs City we were, on the face of it, pretty good.

Yesterday was a disgrace, no question and BOY was I pissed... yet tonight, this is a thread based on a fragile hope, I retain enough to try to put it to bed what was and hope for a brighter dawn in the valley yonder.

I’m helped because I don’t mind too much which division we’re in. I’d love us to stay up, but I won’t have that desperately sad feeling of 1983 if we drop.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m helped because I don’t mind too much which division we’re in. I’d love us to stay up, but I won’t have that desperately sad feeling of 1983 if we drop.

Oh I agree re that one, I just think it would be hard on Chris to ‘leave’ under such a cloud... I’d much prefer an upstairs move for him and a progressive appointment based on us surviving this time around.

That’s how i’d like to see the club potentially progress...

I hope come Monday the squad and CH are honest enough with each other to say; hey... it’s just not working we need to change shape, we need to treat this one as a game we can win.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Tuesday its stand or fall. Not just the players for us as well. The stupid amount of bitching from people I sit with in the last two home games from people usually backing the team is a reflection of what is going on in the players own minds. Let us affect the one thing we can and make this an oppressive game for Cardiff a wall of noise and hope for the best.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tuesday its stand or fall. Not just the players for us as well. The stupid amount of bitching from people I sit with in the last two home games from people usually backing the team is a reflection of what is going on in the players own minds. Let us affect the one thing we can and make this an oppressive game for Cardiff a wall of noise and hope for the best.

.....we’ll do that for 3 minutes, before we pass the ball across the back half a dozen times, lose it and go one down.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

It’s certainly close to falling apart, put simply: we have to stay together if we want to win on Tuesday... if we’re not 1-0 up after twenty the atmosphere needs to be maintained... the game is won or lost over 90 mins... a shinned Jurgen shot...

Wait for the ricochet...

91st min winner will suffice, but it’ll never happen if we’re not ‘in our seats’ and pushing ‘til the last.

Albion.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

I believe.

I’m a optimistic person but I don’t think AJ or Locadia are up to scratch. I’ve given them the benefit of doubt so many times.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

This. I was half tempted to take my kids Tuesday as it’s school hols so the late night is acceptable BUT I am a different ‘fan’ when I’m there as a parent. So bollocks, I’m going on my own, swapping my east ST for a north and having a few pints first. I’ll have no voice Wednesday.

I thought as a crowd we were up for it against Soton and Muff but the team let us down badly. I predict it will be a great atmosphere at KO on Tuesday I just hope our own team don’t suck the life out of it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here