Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and their self-importance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Liverpool are 100% entitled to put that message out. Who the f**k are we, honestly, to question that. Get a grip.

a team who went 13 years without a proper home ground, after being robbed of literally everything we had, and yet still managed arguably the most controversial, thrilling, against all odds, survival story football has got to tell. (Which includes 3 league titles and a Play-off final Trophy)

What was that about 'it means more'?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I dislike Man City far more than Liverpool.

In terms of disliked teams, I'd put them above Man United.

They have been completely "Chelsea-fied" with money from a highly dubious regime. The way their manager in interviews attempts to disconnect "the team" from the boardroom turns my stomach I'm afraid.

I'd love Liverpool to win the title just to get one over on them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone who does not want us to hand Liverpool the title on a plate on the last day of the season is a bad loon.

I want Liverpool to win the title. I don't want Brighton to lose. So I'm sorted for the last day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Liverpool are 100% entitled to put that message out. Who the f**k are we, honestly, to question that. Get a grip.

It's not the club. It's an independent page. One person's message. Can't see the issue. Better things to get uppity about.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
a team who went 13 years without a proper home ground, after being robbed of literally everything we had, and yet still managed arguably the most controversial, thrilling, against all odds, survival story football has got to tell. (Which includes 3 league titles and a Play-off final Trophy)

What was that about 'it means more'?

Every club has a story. They have their own. Brighton’s story is not their concern. Why should another team’s fans consider your view while rallying support from their own? If they were an immediate or local rival I’d get it, trouble is they’re at another level and 100% entitled to that arrogance.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
That they are. I am also 100% entitled to comment on it being puerile, nauseating, self-important bollocks though.

'Guardian', I mean for ****s sake :facepalm:

All clubs are capable of inducing vomit with self promotion, you just don’t see it when it’s the club you’re immersed in. Brighton are as guilty. Even little old Donny Rovers are guilty and who the f**k are they?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Every club has a story. They have their own. Brighton’s story is not their concern. Why should another team’s fans consider your view while rallying support from their own? If they were an immediate or local rival I’d get it, trouble is they’re at another level and 100% entitled to that arrogance.

Every club does have its story, I agree, so Liverpool with their "it means more" slogan just shows how they think football revolves around them

It's funny really. I like how "It means more" is associated to the passion and divine spiritual power Liverpool FC is blessed with on that video, when actually the real reason it'll mean more is because they've not won a league title for nearly 30 years and it looks like they won't be winning it this year either..

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The City game was dull, watching them grind out an inevitable victory, whereas with Liverpool there's always the excitement it could all go horribly wrong. As a football fan that makes them far more enjoyable to watch. I also think they are the only club where the entire ground seems to sing non-stop for 90 minutes and have more than a couple of songs everyone knows too, and I reckon most clubs would give a lot to get that same level of devotion and support from inside the ground. The only thing that really annoyed me about Liverpool yesterday was the thought that the "Brighton Kop" might not even register if their local team gets relegated while they ride the bandwagon of another team hundreds of miles away to reflected glory.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I assume everyone on here will be hoping that the ‘It Means More’ line will help Liverpool beat Cardiff next Sunday?

What’s wrong with trying to create a real bond between a club and its supporters? I don’t get the need to feel so bitter about another team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That they are. I am also 100% entitled to comment on it being puerile, nauseating, self-important bollocks though.

'Guardian', I mean for ****s sake :facepalm:

This exceptionalism I'm afraid is embedded in scouse culture, its not just football it goes way beyond that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They have the Championship,
We have a champions league spot

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This exceptionalism I'm afraid is embedded in scouse culture, its not just football it goes way beyond that.

Its the worst possible mixture of arrogance and self-entitlement. The sort of attitude that led thousands of their fans at big games over the years to believe that it was their right to get into games without paying. The sort of attitude that led to their fans lining the streets leading to Anfield and raining more than a thousand bottles and assorted missiles on an opposition coach and know, because of the sensitive and protective arm that has been thrown around them, that little or no action would be taken.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Another reason I never do Facebook. Other than gossipy or boastful Mums and looney Trump supporters, why would intelligent folk look at Facebook?

You don't need to see any of that. There are plenty of decent groups that are brilliant for hobbies and local interests.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did you meet any City fans at Wembley? All of the top 6 clubs have arrogance in spades.
Pretty sad when we’re wasting our energy worried/bothered by Liverpool, we have slightly more pressing matters nearer to home....

This 100%.

Fans of the top 6 are supremely smug about their greatness, that they’re on the cusp of immortality (in City’s case, they’ve bought it already). Plus if West Ham ever got a top team, their fans would dominate the airwave ... going by the chirpy Cockney arrogance during their one good season with Payet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here