Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool love in on Sky

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why does YNWA get uninterrupted coverage for every televised match?

Come on Chelsea, anyone but Liverpool

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sky and BT = Man City TV (and before that, Sky was colloquially referred to as ManU TV).

We better get used to ManC dominating global football for many years to come, and inevitably the media will jump on that bandwagon. They were the first odds-on favourites for a title before a season started, which highlights the gulf over Spuds, LFC, ManC, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I'm surprised Liverpool have to go through the demeaning process of actually playing other PL teams throughout the season, especially those that aren't top six sides. Shouldn't the PL just show due respect and hand them the title pre-season each year, and the rest of the PL teams can then play the season competing for a second place trophy while Liverpool rest players for their European campaign?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm surprised Liverpool have to go through the demeaning process of actually playing other PL teams throughout the season, especially those that aren't top six sides. Shouldn't the PL just show due respect and hand them the title pre-season each year, and the rest of the PL teams can then play the season competing for a second place trophy while Liverpool rest players for their European campaign?

And play YNWA at the close of TV every night as used to happen with the National Anthem

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Liverpool's football is making the title race enjoyable this year. Any other season and it would have been over a while back. I hope they win it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You can see how Chelsea always outclass Brighton. 9 powerful and pacey athletes, their job “No one will ever score against us, let’s nick goals on the counter”, with possibly the greatest player on the planet Hazard. When we play Chelsea, it must be sole destroying for the players and supporters.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sky still couldn't bring themselves to call it a dive.

I have a solution for this next year when VAR comes in

'' Simmulation '' or dives in the box should be a ''straight red card'' No Yellows, No Warnings - Straight Red.. ……. OK you might get the odd 50/50 decisions but players like Salah and Kane and Zaha and Deli Ali will all be thinking twice before doing it.

If a tackle brings you down it brings you down but they will be clear to spot with VAR - None of this form the Pundits ''Well there was contact so he had every right to go down'' They encourage it in one breath and discourage it just to play ''lip service'' to Fair Play Ethics

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
So weird how Chelsea are 16 points off the top, and were last season too. An incredible squad of the some of the greatest players the game has ever seen such as Kante, Willian.

Guardiola would turn them into a machine.

I would say the working conditions for any manager there are unpleasant.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They have lost one game all season and can still lose the title even if they win all their remaining games as long as City keep winning. That is pretty mind blowing imo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They have lost one game all season and can still lose the title even if they win all their remaining games as long as City keep winning. That is pretty mind blowing imo

And would be very, VERY funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here