Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Davy Propper

3 Not allowed!
    Can anyone actually mention a game where we have won the midfield battle all season? Really donít get the point of having 3 CM like we have over the past 3/4 months if we still donít take control of midfield.

Every time we get the ball it feels like thereís about 6 more players in the middle of the park than us, absolutely baffles me how we have carried on without any creativity through the middle of midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Shoreham Beach Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can anyone actually mention a game where we have won the midfield battle all season? Really donít get the point of having 3 CM like we have over the past 3/4 months if we still donít take control of midfield.

Every time we get the ball it feels like thereís about 6 more players in the middle of the park than us, absolutely baffles me how we have carried on without any creativity through the middle of midfield

Barely any in 20 months.

ManU when their players were trying to get Mourinho the sack, Swansea at home last season, West Ham at home last season, Watford at home this.

Other than that, outclassed in CM in the main. Weíve chiselled out our rare results, inspite of that.

Whether we stay up or drop, thatís shirley the no1 squad requirement this summer.

8 Not allowed!
      I have no idea what Kayal has to do to get a game. He tackles, he goes forward, he covers. Propper does none of these things at the moment.
      England are still the only team to have won the World Cup wearing red shirts.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      I have no idea what Kayal has to do to get a game. He tackles, he goes forward, he covers. Propper does none of these things at the moment.
      At least give him some starts. Something has to change.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      I've seen him pirouette on occasion, before losing the ball 70 yards up the pitch and jogging back casually to pick the ball out the net. Magical.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      I've seen him pirouette on occasion, before losing the ball 70 yards up the pitch and jogging back casually to pick the ball out the net. Magical.
      Needs to be left out every bit as much as Stephens.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      He has escaped criticism by not being as bad as others, but he offers almost nothing. Kayal must be a better option

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kemptown kid View Post
      Propper is a high quality midfielder - interceptions, passes, intelligent positioning. He's not an ankle nibbling, chase everything kind of player but he certainly does his share of tackling and blocking and is smart enough to win the ball without having to make risky tackles. He has a great touch as well. I would be thrilled if he was also scoring 8 -10 goals a season but even without goals he is consistently one of our best players match after match. As mentioned above, he is one of our players who would not look out of place in a top side.
      Shame he has played like an utter donkey for us. Not like he has to put *much* effort in to look like the best midfielder on the pitch (#WhereIsBeram) given the competition but he can't even be arsed to do that.

Another player who would improve the team by NOT coming to the ground on match day at the moment.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by father_and_son View Post
      Another player who would improve the team by NOT coming to the ground on match day at the moment.
      There's an argument to be made that he hasn't been.

0 Not allowed!
      When Propper performs well the Albion perform well but over recent months he's not been on his game and I don't thinks he's improved from last season. If we were going to kick on without Gross then Propper needed to have a much better season than he's had.

I think he has talent and could cut it in the Prem, albeit in a different system and under a different manager.
      "Unlawful, void and of no effect"