Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: Davy Propper

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really like Stephens but he was often caught dithering as he looked for an outlet that wasn’t there....and lost the ball
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
    That was so noticeable, the same with D & D. The three of looked up, absolutely no one to pass to, no one making runs, zero movement.

Within a second robbed of the ball or a hoof upfield.
    So the inability of their teammates to find space or make themselves available means that Stephens, Dunk & Duffy were all poor? I think that is a little harsh while not saying that they were totally inculpable.

I feel the way we used our wingers didn't help as they were not willing or able to run in behind defenders so even the long ball into the corner seemed to be abandoned. It was very obvious last season that we became too predictable to so once the opposition had us marked up, the next step was always going to be pressuring the man on the ball. With nobody to pass to it was always going to end badly.
    She’s the main man in the office in the city
    And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
    But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
    And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

• North Stand Chat

advertising

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thedonkeycentrehalf View Post
      So the inability of their teammates to find space or make themselves available means that Stephens, Dunk & Duffy were all poor? I think that is a little harsh while not saying that they were totally inculpable.

I feel the way we used our wingers didn't help as they were not willing or able to run in behind defenders so even the long ball into the corner seemed to be abandoned. It was very obvious last season that we became too predictable to so once the opposition had us marked up, the next step was always going to be pressuring the man on the ball. With nobody to pass to it was always going to end badly.
      That was pretty much what I was trying to say and I don’t think Stephens had a bad season at all. He was a victim of our tactics
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

1 Not allowed!

Deffo

I don't want my last memory of Propper being him losing possession on the edge of his own penalty area at the South Stand (v Bournemouth?).

I'd much rather be picking over his 'failure' on the edge of the opposition box!
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

0 Not allowed!

Hi. You misunderstood me. I was suggesting that those 3 couldn’t pass out, because no one found space or made runs.