Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes which was the biggest issue in the second part of last season, as Murray was struggling.

Re Stephens - There wasn't a lot wrong with him last season....... But if he steps up another level that would be great.

I really like Stephens but he was often caught dithering as he looked for an outlet that wasn’t there....and lost the ball

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really like Stephens but he was often caught dithering as he looked for an outlet that wasn’t there....and lost the ball

That is fair, particularly during the bad run, Bournemouth's 5th (did we really let in 5 to them?), was a classic example.

Just felt during that period when they were all really poor, he was probably better than most......

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That is fair, particularly during the bad run, Bournemouth's 5th (did we really let in 5 to them?), was a classic example.

Just felt during that period when they were all really poor, he was probably better than most......

Hadn’t they lost 8 on the bounce away from home before that day that turned me into a Hughton outer. I only saw 3 before I left in a huff :down:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arrrrrggggghhhhhh this is so frustrating.

The players don't have to be fast.

The ball must move faster, forwarder & acurater.

I watched most of last night's game ONLY looking for 'fast' footballers.

With the exception of Makland Niles (sp) nobody, not a single player, ran at and past a member of the opposition.
But the ball was pinged about forward either to feet or space with great speed and accuracy.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. As well as going to Albion games, if I can get tickets, I go to watch other games. The sheer pace and ability to relentlessly close down opponents in two and three’s hunting as a pack for 90 minutes, is breathtaking. With and without the ball. A million miles away from the stodge at the Amex. Not just ManC, but Leicester, Watford, Bmuff, West Ham.

We need a outfield first 11 where the majority of players can match that to an extent.

Potter sets out teams to play that way, so all will be good. Happy times ahead for Albion fans.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That was so noticeable, the same with D & D. The three of looked up, absolutely no one to pass to, no one making runs, zero movement.

Within a second robbed of the ball or a hoof upfield.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Played out of position and seemingly instructed to hold back, I’d give him another season and play him more advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patreon
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Hadn’t they lost 8 on the bounce away from home before that day that turned me into a Hughton outer. I only saw 3 before I left in a huff :down:

Although I understand why you did leave at 0-3, I explained to my 11 yo Niece who was on her 3rd ever home game, you need to see the 5hit games to appreciate the good games! ( hopefully coming to a venue near us soon!)

Jul 7, 2003

That was so noticeable, the same with D & D. The three of looked up, absolutely no one to pass to, no one making runs, zero movement.

Within a second robbed of the ball or a hoof upfield.

So the inability of their teammates to find space or make themselves available means that Stephens, Dunk & Duffy were all poor? I think that is a little harsh while not saying that they were totally inculpable.

I feel the way we used our wingers didn't help as they were not willing or able to run in behind defenders so even the long ball into the corner seemed to be abandoned. It was very obvious last season that we became too predictable to so once the opposition had us marked up, the next step was always going to be pressuring the man on the ball. With nobody to pass to it was always going to end badly.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So the inability of their teammates to find space or make themselves available means that Stephens, Dunk & Duffy were all poor? I think that is a little harsh while not saying that they were totally inculpable.

I feel the way we used our wingers didn't help as they were not willing or able to run in behind defenders so even the long ball into the corner seemed to be abandoned. It was very obvious last season that we became too predictable to so once the opposition had us marked up, the next step was always going to be pressuring the man on the ball. With nobody to pass to it was always going to end badly.

That was pretty much what I was trying to say and I don’t think Stephens had a bad season at all. He was a victim of our tactics

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Deffo

I don't want my last memory of Propper being him losing possession on the edge of his own penalty area at the South Stand (v Bournemouth?).

I'd much rather be picking over his 'failure' on the edge of the opposition box!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hi. You misunderstood me. I was suggesting that those 3 couldn’t pass out, because no one found space or made runs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here