Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If you go and look at the stats, he and Stephens are essentially identical stat wise and anyone that has watched the team for most of this year will know that they spent the first half of the season as the deep lying pair in front of the CBs, and the second half of the year as a flat three in front of the CBs, with neither ever really crossing the half way line. What does that tell you?

That either:

a) Propper is shit, or;

b) The people who have spent the season slagging off Stephens are a bit dim and/or biased.

:eek::whistle:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm excited about Potter, he's a progressive coach with fantastic potential. Of course i want him to succeed but he's untested, its a risk and he won't have the funds this summer to completely overhaul the squad. So this assumption that he a) will "totally" transform every player b) make us an attacking , successful team just like that c) and that the Premier League for the Albion, presumably will still be a squad with players getting Burnley wages, will no longer be a hard slog is optimistic to say the least.

3 or 4 quality new players with pace will transform the Albion first team. The club can afford that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still don't think there is room for both he and Gross in a pacey, attacking line-up.
For me, one of our biggest recent mistakes was signing two decent but slow number 10s, and then refusing to play one there ever and the other there last season.

This, all day long.

Potter sets out teams to play fast football, so very hard to see how two of the slowest players in the PL can both start.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Need to give him a chance without Chris's shackles... he is a very talented player IMHO...

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
What exactly does he do for the team ? One goal in nearly TWO seasons and hardly any assists , what is the point to him in the team ???

Propper was played out of position. Go check some of his play on Youtube. Im reserving judgement on all new players for when they are played correctly

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
3 or 4 quality new players with pace will transform the Albion first team. The club can afford that.

Well Albion will of course make new expensive signings this summer and I hope they will work out but it’s a risk with anyone incoming (as we know) - and this idea that it will engineer a sudden overnight transformation and all Potter has to “take the shackles off” or play players in their “right position” or bring through a couple of u23s or other equally silver bullet ideas is asking far too much of them and Potter.
I doubt Bloom is expecting that. He’s still going to be working with largely the same set of players. Improvements are likely to be incremental - perhaps not , we can dream , but that’s realistic.
Even a team headed for 13th/14th on the league let’s say - Which i think everyone would say would be a triumphant success for Potters first season still would be losing a lot of games , and probably go on a couple of long runs without a win.
Let’s see how supportive of potters tactics and style NSC is then....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well Albion will of course make new expensive signings this summer and I hope they will work out but it’s a risk with anyone incoming (as we know) - and this idea that it will engineer a sudden overnight transformation and all Potter has to “take the shackles off” or play players in their “right position” or bring through a couple of u23s or other equally silver bullet ideas is asking far too much of them and Potter.
I doubt Bloom is expecting that. He’s still going to be working with largely the same set of players. Improvements are likely to be incremental - perhaps not , we can dream , but that’s realistic.
Even a team headed for 13th/14th on the league let’s say - Which i think everyone would say would be a triumphant success for Potters first season still would be losing a lot of games , and probably go on a couple of long runs without a win.

Agreed with all of that

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Propper was played out of position. Go check some of his play on Youtube. Im reserving judgement on all new players for when they are played correctly
I've hit the 'judgement' reset button for all of our players, old and new, until we see what Potter and his team can do with them. Being played in their favoured positions without a totally defensive mindset will help quite a few of them.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

You are really desperate to take away all hope and optimism aren't you. You must be so fun at parties.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Would be sad to see a skilled player leave,if he wants to go,let him.I'm sure the cash would help towards somebody a bit livelier.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Would be sad to see a skilled player leave,if he wants to go,let him.I'm sure the cash would help towards somebody a bit livelier.

Where does it say he wants to go ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You are really desperate to take away all hope and optimism aren't you. You must be so fun at parties.

Not at all. I'm just a normal fan. I want Potter to be a success, he looks like one of the best young coaches in the country and i'm excited about new signings, what he might be able to do with developing our players including the youngsters and i'll be there at the first pre season friendly looking for the first signs of it and celebrating it. That said - the idea that he's simply, as some are saying, suddenly going to fix everything on day one or even day 50 or day 100 is a bit far fetched. Perhaps he will - but some of the claims for what he'll be able to do are getting a bit out of hand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He's anti-Albion.
There's a fair few who don't have a good word to say about the club and all who sail in her, on this board. :lolol:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Not at all. I'm just a normal fan. I want Potter to be a success, he looks like one of the best young coaches in the country and i'm excited about new signings, what he might be able to do with developing our players including the youngsters and i'll be there at the first pre season friendly looking for the first signs of it and celebrating it. That said - the idea that he's simply, as some are saying, suddenly going to fix everything on day one or even day 50 or day 100 is a bit far fetched. Perhaps he will - but some of the claims for what he'll be able to do are getting a bit out of hand.

I've genuinely not seen a single post that claims these things. Just a general optimism that we may try and actually attack at some point this season. And a general hope that we won't just accept that we're in this league to be battered every single week. And most of all, a general hope that our players may start to show some progress once some of the clearly defensive shackles are removed.

There will be issues, no doubt, because ultimately we're still a relatively small club in this division despite spending a truck load on players over our two seasons in this division (on transfers rather than wages). But that doesn't mean we can't all dream of improvements.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've genuinely not seen a single post that claims these things. Just a general optimism that we may try and actually attack at some point this season. And a general hope that we won't just accept that we're in this league to be battered every single week. And most of all, a general hope that our players may start to show some progress once some of the clearly defensive shackles are removed.

There will be issues, no doubt, because ultimately we're still a relatively small club in this division despite spending a truck load on players over our two seasons in this division (on transfers rather than wages). But that doesn't mean we can't all dream of improvements.

Much like the rhetoric others were pedaling that posters were so pleased Hughton was sacked.
Despite many, most, quite possibly all were bending over backwards to say words to the effect of:-

'it's a shame he had to go but a completely understandable and difficult decision'.

Anyway far be it for me to complain I'm no stranger to bending a collective thought of NSC to fit my agenda.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1 right back + 1 striker + 1 central midfielder ( + Baluta + Mac Allister ) = job done for recruitment this summer, perhaps ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here