Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Comparison

el punal

Those of you calling for Chris Hughton’s head I thought I’d give you some stats regarding his first season at the Albion, joining us on 3rd January 2015. In the last 10 games of that season our playing record was Won 1, Drew 4, Lost 5, Goals For - 3, Goals Against - 9.

Not good, but we escaped relegation - just. The following season we were unbeaten in the first 21 league matches winning 11 and drawing 10. We ended up losing out on automatic promotion by a goal difference of just 2.

The question is can Chris Hughton find the magic formula again, dependant, obviously, on us avoiding relegation this season?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The last few games of every season (inc play offs) have been a disappointment under CH (I think)

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Another comparison -

Toward the end of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace things looked really bad; padawan Obi Wan was hanging defenceless in that power core thing having seen his Jedi Knight instructer slain by the fearsome Darth Maul, 7 year old anakin's space ship had powered down and he was being surrounded by armed droids, Queen Amidala had been caught trying to break into her own castle to free it from the evil trade federation, and the Droid army on Naboo had all but over-powered the gungan army. I mean it was so desperate, you can't write this stuff.

That's where we are now. We could give up, but what happened next in TPM? A lucky break as Ani's ship powered back up, allowing him to destroy the power on those droid army ships rendering the droids on naboo powerless, A nifty bit of athleticism allowing Obi Wan to pull off a remarkable flip, force grab and swipe to cut Darth Maul in half, and a trick play from Padme dummying and drawing the Trade federation out of position to allow Padme to force them into submission!

We just need to have faith that our equivalent of Ani's ship re-powering happens...

What? It's just as relevant a comparison, isn't it?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Another comparison -

Toward the end of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace things looked really bad; padawan Obi Wan was hanging defenceless in that power core thing having seen his Jedi Knight instructer slain by the fearsome Darth Maul, 7 year old anakin's space ship had powered down and he was being surrounded by armed droids, Queen Amidala had been caught trying to break into her own castle to free it from the evil trade federation, and the Droid army on Naboo had all but over-powered the gungan army. I mean it was so desperate, you can't write this stuff.

That's where we are now. We could give up, but what happened next in TPM? A lucky break as Ani's ship powered back up, allowing him to destroy the power on those droid army ships rendering the droids on naboo powerless, A nifty bit of athleticism allowing Obi Wan to pull off a remarkable flip, force grab and swipe to cut Darth Maul in half, and a trick play from Padme dummying and drawing the Trade federation out of position to allow Padme to force them into submission!

We just need to have faith that our equivalent of Ani's ship re-powering happens...

:clap2: totally agree! The op does spout rubbish most of the time!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Another comparison -

Spot on.
I was going to reply to the poster with a simple 'What's that got to do with the price of fish?'

Another comparison -

A pint of what he has just had please barman :)

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Those of you calling for Chris Hughton’s head I thought I’d give you some stats regarding his first season at the Albion, joining us on 3rd January 2015. In the last 10 games of that season our playing record was Won 1, Drew 4, Lost 5, Goals For - 3, Goals Against - 9.

Not good, but we escaped relegation - just. The following season we were unbeaten in the first 21 league matches winning 11 and drawing 10. We ended up losing out on automatic promotion by a goal difference of just 2.

The question is can Chris Hughton find the magic formula again, dependant, obviously, on us avoiding relegation this season?

Can’t remember losing a league match in the championship 0 - 5

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I keep imagining this conversation in the board room after relegation from the Prem and CH's sacking:-
"Now we need to get somebody in with a track record of getting teams promoted from the Championship. I wonder who is available..."

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Another comparison -

Not really!

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I keep imagining this conversation in the board room after relegation from the Prem and CH's sacking:-
"Now we need to get somebody in with a track record of getting teams promoted from the Championship. I wonder who is available..."

As is Big Sam, Alan Pardew, David Wagner, Aitor Karanka, Slaviša Jokanović, Harry Redknapp, Nigel Pearson, Ian Holloway, Malky Mackay, Brian Mcdermott.

It's almost as if people other than Chris Hughton also have a record of getting teams promoted to the premier league.

el punal

As is Big Sam, Alan Pardew, David Wagner, Aitor Karanka, Slaviša Jokanović, Harry Redknapp, Nigel Pearson, Ian Holloway, Malky Mackay, Brian Mcdermott.

It's almost as if people other than Chris Hughton also have a record of getting teams promoted to the premier league.

Has anyone mentioned Tim Sherwood yet?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

This is such a simplistic view. IF Hughton has lost the dressing room and they don’t trust his tactics, why will that change a league lower? If he’s lost them, there’s probably no coming back

theboybilly

I wouldn't want any of those you mentioned anywhere near our club

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here