Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we go down

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bloom, Barber and the board have to take as much responsibility as CH. We have failed to sign a single player with Premier league (or even English football) experience in two seasons. Hughtons negativity aside that is tying a hand behind your back before you’ve even started.

All are to blame.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We have a squad good enough to stay in the PL. we don't have a manager adaptable and ruthless enough to comfortably do so though.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We have a squad good enough to stay in the PL. we don't have a manager adaptable and ruthless enough to comfortably do so though.

I think the core is good enough. You need to add and improve every year because the others are, and to have a record signing that has done as little as AJ is a major recruitment blunder. Hughton has to take his share of the blame over approach to matches (whether we go down or stay up), but it feels like there has been some complacency at all levels with people starting to believe their own hype - players, Barber, even Bloom. I don't think Hughton is complacent by nature, he just might have taken this team as far as he can.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is the Dutch player targets not a Hughton thing ? I.e VVW, Fer at Norwich

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Bloom, Barber and the board have to take as much responsibility as CH. We have failed to sign a single player with Premier league (or even English football) experience in two seasons. Hughtons negativity aside that is tying a hand behind your back before you’ve even started.

All are to blame.

Just simply say that I agree. Have been moaning for a while about our Dutch players and why we bought them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

All are to blame.

Bournemouth have bought English but not Premier League experienced and it hasnt done them too bad

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

All are to blame.

To be pedantic we did sign Dan Burn but I totally agree with your point.

Jason Steele, David Button

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Buying crap from the Belgian and Dutch leagues is the main reason, usual Albion trying to do things on the cheap

Our Chairman has pumped circa £200 million into the Club.......He is not an Arab Sheik or a Russian Oligarch with unlimited funds........You call £200m "on the cheap".

Yesterday the team were pants...But the on the cheap remark is OTT.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here