Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: If we go down

0 Not allowed!
    How come the squad was good enough in the first half of this season? They got complacent as the target is just to survive and they thought they had done enough. We never did win that game that pushed us into the top half of the table funny that.
    You make me

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How come the squad was good enough in the first half of this season? They got complacent as the target is just to survive and they thought they had done enough. We never did win that game that pushed us into the top half of the table funny that.
      CH was recently very honest in admitting that Wolves, West Ham and Newcastle outplayed us. So apart from the ManU game, perhaps we got lucky, with luck evening itself out over a full season? Radio Sussex said on Saturday that we are in the bottom 3 for player budget, it shows on the field and in the table, so that lofty position in the autumn was false in terms of player quality.
      How soon is now???
      Past the Leisure Centre, left at the lights

1 Not allowed!
      Itís been said before, but Hughton has consistently struggled in the premier league. What he has done at BRIGHTON puts him at legendary status, but his ceiling is lower mid table premier league at best. Iíd love to see him succeed here, but there is something missing from his game plan and if Bloom wants to push the club on then he needs to make some big decisions(thatís presuming we beat Cardiff and stay up). If we go down, we may as weíll stick with Hughton, as he has the skill set to get us promoted(what happens next though, who knows)

0 Not allowed!
      Have to say I cant see us beating Cardiff, they are in form and are hungry to stay up, something we arent. Also cant see us staying up, we show no desire home or away, the Amex has not been a fortress all year. For me the blame has to be placed on Houghton (of course), but also Bloom and the board, they have failed to make a signing with EPL experience and also have never replaced Sidwell. For me both Houghton should go as well as a overhaul of the board of directors. THINGS NEED TO CHANGE
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      We won't go down but a massive wake up call. Strategic rethink for Bloom/Barber

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      CH was recently very honest in admitting that Wolves, West Ham and Newcastle outplayed us. So apart from the ManU game, perhaps we got lucky, with luck evening itself out over a full season? Radio Sussex said on Saturday that we are in the bottom 3 for player budget, it shows on the field and in the table, so that lofty position in the autumn was false in terms of player quality.
      I think thatís about right. The last time we tried to do it on the cheap we almost got relegated from the Championship. Tony then spent relatively big. I suspect if we survive heíll do the same, albeit the cost and stakes are much higher now.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hampster Gull View Post
      I think that’s about right. The last time we tried to do it on the cheap we almost got relegated from the Championship. Tony then spent relatively big. I suspect if we survive he’ll do the same, albeit the cost and stakes are much higher now.
      Very true, TB cancelled the relatively tighter purse strings route, and we started signing excellent Championship players.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Storrington Seagull View Post
      Have to say I cant see us beating Cardiff, they are in form and are hungry to stay up, something we arent. Also cant see us staying up, we show no desire home or away, the Amex has not been a fortress all year. For me the blame has to be placed on Houghton (of course), but also Bloom and the board, they have failed to make a signing with EPL experience and also have never replaced Sidwell. For me both Houghton should go as well as a overhaul of the board of directors. THINGS NEED TO CHANGE
      Trying to put a positive spin on things......but agree, can't see us beating Cardiff, but a draw keeps them 5 behind us. They are hungry and we are struggling. If we can stay in the game and they have quality we could get a 0-0 draw. A further 0-0 draw might be enough.....

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Storrington Seagull View Post
      Cardiff are not in any form at all
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Turi View Post
      We could definitely do with some composure back there. Teams have wised up to Dunk and Duffy throwing themselves at everything and are playing around them.
      And in slow motion. Sunday league defending at times.

While last ditch often looks good and gets a good reception, when it becomes their ‘style of play’ it’s a sign of poor positioning and reading of the game.

“If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake“ - Paolo Maldini. Not comparing them directly but the sentiment is there.
      Last edited by GloryDays; 15-04-2019 at 23:09. Reason: Grammar