Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we go down

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Recruitment have definitely improved the squad over the last 12 months, but not the first 11. I'm sure lessons will have been learned

Marginal improvement for squad but first 11 no better and that’s what really matters - shambolic recruitment that if Burke was still at the helm would be rightly crucified

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bloom, Barber and the board have to take as much responsibility as CH. We have failed to sign a single player with Premier league (or even English football) experience in two seasons. Hughtons negativity aside that is tying a hand behind your back before you’ve even started.

All are to blame.

You are having a laugh aren't you?

Bloom, Barber et al's responsibility is to make sure we have an Albion for generations to come, and they are doing a mighty fine job!

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
We have a squad good enough to stay in the PL. we don't have a manager adaptable and ruthless enough to comfortably do so though.

Couldn't disagree more. He didn't send them out yesterday with an instruction to play like that. Most of the squad simply are not good enough. Our championship wingers can't punch past PL full backs. Our bargain midfielders can't retain possession and complete passes when proper PL opponents put the squeeze on them. Don't get me started on strikers.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Couldn't disagree more. He didn't send them out yesterday with an instruction to play like that. Most of the squad simply are not good enough. Our championship wingers can't punch past PL full backs. Our bargain midfielders can't retain possession and complete passes when proper PL opponents put the squeeze on them. Don't get me started on strikers.
The statistics pre January beg to differ..

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It does seem we have a problem getting decent players to come to the club in the Premier League.

This season's finish is not going to help recruitment in the summer.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
The statistics pre January beg to differ..

Consistency is vital. A form team stay in form by having strength in depth so as to negate the odd injury or individual players dip in form. BHAFC do not currently achieve that and it's showing. You don't have to be top 6 to have decent cover in your squad.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
No more overseas tourist fans - two random Japanese looking ladies wondered down the aisle to be by home bench just after restart yesterday - waved at all the subs and then shown back up the aisle by steward - just bizarre, seemingly had no interest in game at all

No car park queues

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We ARE good enough to compete with Cardiff, if they roll us over the blame has to rest with the manager and his players. If we get unlucky having gone toe to toe with them and lose by the odd goal fair enough, if we roll over like we did yesterday then I struggle to see how we can go on with CH.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You are having a laugh aren't you?

Bloom, Barber et al's responsibility is to make sure we have an Albion for generations to come, and they are doing a mighty fine job!

Completely deluded. So a clubs leadership doesn’t have responsibility for the competitiveness of the football team that takes to the field? We could be playing in a generations time with a secure set up in league two in a nice stadium, will they have succeeded?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Our players are not good enough if they play well and get defeated. If they they don't play well, then the manager or the players or both have to hold the can. You have to ask why they are not fulfilling their potential, then ask Hughton and the players who is at fault!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I feel that if we go down, the whole Barber project is down the toilet. Remember Bloom doubled his salary when he was being headhunted by Liverpool. Dan Ashworth has been brought in from the FA saying his aim is to keep CH in a job for as long as possible. That’s clearly a long-term thing, but any short term benefits are not obvious.

The Championship is a massively hard division to play in, harder than when we went up. Many of our squad will want to leave or are getting too old. (I’d welcome Hemed back mind, perhaps up front w Gyokeres)

We can splurge parachute payments for a maximum of one year in an attempt to bounce straight back up.

I don’t think I’m being unrealistic when I say the entire Bloom/Barber project hangs on Tuesday night’s result. Anyone else?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I feel that if we go down, the whole Barber project is down the toilet. Remember Bloom doubled his salary when he was being headhunted by Liverpool. Dan Ashworth has been brought in from the FA saying his aim is to keep CH in a job for as long as possible. That’s clearly a long-term thing, but any short term benefits are not obvious.

The Championship is a massively hard division to play in, harder than when we went up. Many of our squad will want to leave or are getting too old. (I’d welcome Hemed back mind, perhaps up front w Gyokeres)

We can splurge parachute payments for a maximum of one year in an attempt to bounce straight back up.

I don’t think I’m being unrealistic when I say the entire Bloom/Barber project hangs on Tuesday night’s result. Anyone else?

We can’t stay up indefinitely, all the figures show we’re in the Cardiff and Hudd bracket of wages/squad spend, and it shows in an inadequate first team. We can’t compete in league table position with the high spending likes of CP, Wolves, West Ham and Leicester, so we will go down sooner rather than later.

Barber and Bloom will have prepared financially for that.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Consistency is vital. A form team stay in form by having strength in depth so as to negate the odd injury or individual players dip in form. BHAFC do not currently achieve that and it's showing. You don't have to be top 6 to have decent cover in your squad.

You're not wrong, depth is important but i disagree with it being a championship side or players not being good enough. I think we could do better but definitely have players we should dump before the start of next season. Should we be in the prem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here