Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Ryan to warm the bench & bring Button in?

twiggy666

Jan 3, 2019
Since returning from the Asia Cup in January, Ryan has let in 22 goals.
I know the defence has not been great and I know he has made a few decent saves but, surely now is the time for Button to be brought back into the starting 11. In the games he played whilst Ryan was off sunning himself in Dubai, he actually did nothing much wrong. Look at how other teams drop their keepers for letting in less amounts of goals than he has.
He is not a commanding, tall keeper, his kicking is poor and so many times he kicks the ball straight into touch.
I really think he should be dropped.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Madness, what has Maty Ryan done wrong all season? He had little or no chance with all five gioals he conceded yesterday, and was possibly the one player who couldn't be criticized.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Madness, what has Maty Ryan done wrong all season? He had little or no chance with all five gioals he conceded yesterday, and was possibly the one player who couldn't be criticized.

Shit distribution

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Absolutely not! Ryan isn’t saving anything at the moment and if we had a decent back up on the bench, like Krul last year, I might agree. Unfortunately the club took cheap options on the reserve keepers. Button would be a disaster against Cardiff!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It could have been more. Yesterday he was left exposed constantly. Changing keeper isn’t going to solve anything.
Only one of a very small number who are PL quality.
Montoya way badly exposed a number of times of the right.
The number of times it appeared that they had 5 on 3 on the break was alarming. Went through our midfield like it wasn’t there.
Out wide well we can’t beat a man and actual crossing dangerously is a myth
CF andone is an impact player. Murray past his prime and Locadia allegedly in his but well was poor again.

Think Ryan is about only player who deserves to keep the shirt along with Bernardo and Dunk although he was poor yesterday as well

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I know the defence has not been great and I know he has made a few decent saves but, surely now is the time for Button to be brought back into the starting 11. In the games he played whilst Ryan was off sunning himself in Dubai, he actually did nothing much wrong. Look at how other teams drop their keepers for letting in less amounts of goals than he has.
He is not a commanding, tall keeper, his kicking is poor and so many times he kicks the ball straight into touch.

Thankyou, Mrs Button.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Ryan came wandering up the pitch shouting something at bench after we let first one in yesterday - couldn't understand the aussie accent but clearly not happy about something

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton

I'm 100% behind you. Button played well in all his games and wasn't on the losing side once.
Ryan is too short for a top flight keeper. He looks like a schoolboy between the sticks.
He does have a very good record though of stopping pass-backs.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

:fishing:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn’t complain too much if he was dropped but I’m not calling for it, the problems run much much deeper

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here