Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] IF Cardiff turn us over on Tuesday...

If Cardiff beat us on Tuesday, will they finish above us?

• Yes - we'd go down

Votes: 234 81.5%
  • No - we still have enough about us to stay up

Votes: 53 18.5%

• Total voters

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
The problem with Cardiff is that they’ll need to go on the front foot to try and get some goals they will be countered on as they can’t defend well sides like everyone they’ve got left to play barring us will have a field day

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m hoping we can scrape a 0-0.....which should see us ok. Lose and I can’t see us picking up any more points, so probable relegation.

This is it really for the players, the end game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Losing on Tuesday would be a massive blow. I think we’d struggle to win any of our remaining games.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
.. against a Newcastle side that seem to be in decent form and who will be able to play with the freedom of being safe.

With freedom of being safe or with lack of commitment and urgency because they are safe? It can work both ways. I'd be more worried if Newcastle were scrapping for survival.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
For me, even a draw on Tuesday night could spell disaster. Cardiff are capable of beating Fulham and Palace, I don’t see us getting anything from the remaining fixtures. How did it come to this.

We lost "winnable" games V Burnley and Southampton which would have made us completely safe already.

It seems that we didn't recruit as well as we thought we had and have to make some serious personnel changes whatever division we will be in next season.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If we beat Cardiff I see us getting more points after that - maybe 5 or 6. If Cardiff win, I just can't see a recovery, but you can always hope!

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Losing cannot be an option and surely if Hughton/this team have anything about them when the going gets tough and we need to get a job done, it won't. Should it happen, only other game I see us having a chance of being competitive in this season is Newcastle. Maybe Wolves on an off day for them if we try and shitehouse a win with one shot on target and one goal like earlier in the season. Leaves us a maximum of 6 realistic points, likely 4. It'd still be in our hands being 2 points clear but nothing I've seen inspires me with any confidence whatsoever that we'd beat Newcastle. They'll do to us what we did to them away from home, we'll panic not knowing how to attack when chasing a game and end up losing 1-0 or at best end up drawing 0-0. Cardiffs fixtures look better so we'd be in big trouble

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
We have two games left that are realistically ones we would expect somthing from while Cardiff have three games that they could hope to get somthing from and one of those games is against each other so with that in mind a draw should be enough with our superior goal difference,

Have you watched us play recently?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think we'll win on Tues. Has to be a reaction after that, surely?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I think we're down already, I've thought it since the Burnley game. Something has gone so so wrong, probably since West Ham/Fulham. Cardiff will do us over on Tuesday. Perfect game for them, we're under so much pressure now and we never play well when we're under pressure. After 20 mins 9n Tuesday, the cowd will turn on the players and that'll play right into Cardiff's hand. If Cardiff keep it tight for 20 mins on Tuesday, which against us is very easy as we will be cautious, then they stay up.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Saddens me to read all this when I think back to that Summer home win against Man U. Watched it in a Spanish bar and locals were shaking my hand as if we had won the cup. How indeed did we end up here?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Saddens me to read all this when I think back to that Summer home win against Man U. Watched it in a Spanish bar and locals were shaking my hand as if we had won the cup. How indeed did we end up here?

Crap manager with out dated tactics and ideas, crap recruitment last Summer doing things on the cheap, failure to freshen up the squad in January and Barber going out of his way to alienate the supporters with petty restrictions and rules

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Morale must already be at critically low levels, lose on Tuesday and it will be all but gone, draw and nothing much changes, win and everything will be rosey again (or not).

I don't think it will be the dropped points so much on Tuesday that will do us in, more the cumulative morale damaging results.

This started with the run of games that on paper we weren't expected to do that well in. Even though they went pretty much as expected, and shouldn't have affected the team spirit too much, it has and we haven't been able to snap out of it yet.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
...will they finish above us?

Cardiff's Fixtures
21/4 Liverpool (h)
27/4 Fulham (a)
4/5 Crystal Palace (h)
12/5 Manchester United (a)

Our Fixtures
20/4 Wolves (a)
23/4 Spurs (a)
27/4 Newcastle (h)
4/5 Arsenal (a)
12/5 Manchester City (h)

I'll be genuinely bricking it if they do manage to beat us. As I wrote earlier in the week, Warnock will be thinking that if they can beat us, they'll fancy their chances of 4/6 points from the Fulham and Palace fixtures, which would really put the pressure on us.

Cardiff play before us on the 27th which could make for a testing late kick-off for us against a Newcastle side that seem to be in decent form and who will be able to play with the freedom of being safe.

I can see Cardiff beating Palace and Fulham.

I cannot see us winning any of our games.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If we beat them its all over, they're down, we stay up. Football narrative being what it is, therefore, we are certain to lose.

Fwiw, I think we need just two draws, one v them, and one wherever else we can get it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If Cardiff beat us I’m 100% certain we’re going down.

The only consolation is I’ll get my season ticket paid for after putting on a security bet after the Fulham capitulation where the warning signs were clear to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here