Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] IF Cardiff turn us over on Tuesday...

If Cardiff beat us on Tuesday, will they finish above us?

• Yes - we'd go down

Votes: 234 81.5%
  • No - we still have enough about us to stay up

Votes: 53 18.5%

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can you see Palace rolling over to send us down? Me too.

The Palace fan I work with has already said (this was even before the Saints game) that the view amongst him and his mates is that they'd happily see Palace lose 5-0 against Cardiff if it meant that result relegated us. Obviously they don't speak for all Palace fans, so I'm sure you can find different opinions. I wonder what the majority Palace view is?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Hughton will set up to draw against Cardiff. Anyway I said it 6-7 weeks ago palace will relegate us. Although Fulham isn’t an easy place to go and they will be fired up to knock them down as they pipped them to second in the league last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

At the moment this is still very much in our hands. 5 points clear and a game in hand, PLEASE DO NOT **** THIS UP. I'm getting worried.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I heard a pundit say something over the weekend and I actually agreed with them, that we are basically shell shocked and rolling over because we havnt been in a relegation fight all season. That we have been too 'comfortable' as we havnt been spoken about as relegation candidates and now that we are suddenly thrown into the pit and cant scrap, whereas Cardiff have been battle hardened all season and can now, against all the odds, see light at the end of the tunnel.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I heard a pundit say something over the weekend and I actually agreed with them, that we are basically shell shocked and rolling over because we havnt been in a relegation fight all season. That we have been too 'comfortable' as we havnt been spoken about as relegation candidates and now that we are suddenly thrown into the pit and cant scrap, whereas Cardiff have been battle hardened all season and can now, against all the odds, see light at the end of the tunnel.

Much like when Hereford had gone from being 12 points clear to in massive danger.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Much like when Hereford had gone from being 12 points clear to in massive danger.

Yep. I had mates saying we safe for weeks, Ive been saying we are far from safe just look at our running. The points and game in hand look nice on paper but you had to look at the running we had coming up.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Hopefully, this time in 48 hours we'll all be waking up with a smile on our faces at being 8 points clear. If the gap is 2 points, I will be resigned to going down. We'll have to pull 4 points from somewhere to stay up.

Kayla's claw

Dec 1, 2017
Speaking to several Palace fans yesterday, there is no desire to see Brighton go down in preference to Cardiff. Likewise Hodgson would not send out a team to lose a game, he is far too professional. Wilfried didn't enjoy his time on loan at Cardiff and will want to perform there which isn't good news for them. From a personal point of view ,and I have visited both Ninian Park and the Cardiff City stadium many times, I have always found the fans there to be generally unpleasant and unwelcoming. Given our rivalry and a few idiots on both sides, I haven't found that to be the case at the Amex stadium. We also have a little matter of wanting revenge next season.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I am genuinely bricking it also. I do not want Championship Football again.

As someone else said, how the hell did it come to this? 21 points after Palace at home. 25 after beating Everton. And then limped along to 33 points where we find ourselves now.

I'll take a scabby, don't care how we do it, 1-0 win tomorrow.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Yeah I think that's a good point. There's often a team that suddenly goes into free fall: mid-table at Christmas and looking comfortable, then at Easter they find themselves scrapping for their lives. Like you say this is new territory for us; before the Burnley game I thought'd we be home and hosed with games to spare, now we're staring down the barrel of a gun. I feel a bit shell-shocked, so it would be understandable if the players did as well.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Down yes.

If Cardiff can get a result v us then they can certainly get results v Palace and Fulham ( plus Man Utd away isn't a total write off)

I'm not sure where our next point comes from if we lose to them.

Blackburn H maybe

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
If they beat us on Tuesday then I fear they will indeed finish above us.
They have two winnable games after that but we don’t.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They have Fulham and Palace, we have Newcastle - although we might get something at Wolves because they are a very mercurial side.

We're all fearing the worst, but the odds are still massively in our favour. I just wish we could feel as confident as the odds suggest.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I can’t see anything but a ‘come on then, prove us wrong’ type atmosphere from our non partisan crowd.

There will be too many expecting us to win because it’s “ONLY Cardiff” and I fear that the worm has turned and the crowd are much more on the fence about CH than at any prior point in his tenure.

I’ll be trying my best from the middle of WSU to gee up the programme reading, uber critical silent masses but I don’t live in hope that there’s much spirit anywhere in the camp right now including the fans.

This is going to be a car crash.

I know what you mean. Pray for the 1st goal and the crowd will get going. I'll be doing my bit from the ESU cauldron if noise!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Win on Tuesday = 99% chance of survival
Draw on Tuesday = 80% chance of survival

I think differently to a lot on here. If we lose, I think we'd have as much as a 50% chance of staying up.

The main reason I think is to do with the shift in pressure. We could start playing as the hunter rather than the hunted. It would be the opposite for Cardiff. Can they handle the pressure of being expected to stay up?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We're all fearing the worst, but the odds are still massively in our favour. I just wish we could feel as confident as the odds suggest.

"The odds" weren't sat in the stands watching the team completely capitulate the minute it got a bit difficult on Saturday afternoon. That might explain why.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012

Agreed, which is why I'll be feeling very nervous even if the outcome on Tuesday is a draw. Hard to see where any more points are coming from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here