Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Captain?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Given the sheer number of Hughton out threads it is clear that many hold him to account for our recent form. However, it is completely ridiculous to suggest that Chris asked them to step out on the pitch and bend over for b'muff.

What we have, since Bruno handed over the arm band, is a complete lack of leadership on the pitch. However good Lewis is as a player he is a not a leader. He *has* to step down as Captain.

However... I do not see anyone in the first team who could be a good Captain.

Who should lead the players on the field? Shout at them when they f**k up, get their heads up when we go behind, lead the dressing room and on-pitch reactions.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Bring back Bruno. Good captain and good player. If only to see over hobble over the finishing line, then rethink in the summer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
upto the sending off, on general performance and attitude the rest of the time, i was wondering if Knockaert might make a captain. he shows the passion and drive. but yeah, tackle showed that petulant side is still there, shame really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just have left Duffy and Bernie in what is turning into the day of the long knives.

Crack on.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I've never understood your 'star' player being captain

Harry Kane for example

let those players concentrate on what their good at,no distractions

it's a natural selection process

there's always a leader in any dressing room

not necessarily the 'best' player but a good motivator

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Your halving a laugh surely, a pea brained hot head. He won't or shouldn't play again this season. And possibly not ever again for BHA.

upto the sending off, on general performance and attitude the rest of the time, i was wondering if Knockaert might make a captain. he shows the passion and drive. but yeah, tackle showed that petulant side is still there, shame really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You make me feel utterly ashamed of myself. Forgive me, Father.

I don't see why they all deserve it, thankfully [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] has laid into Duffy, I just need him to start a specific thread doing it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I’d say he’s probably the least equipped to be a captain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dunk and Duffy only players I could see being good leaders.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Duffy is on my list of those who need shipping out. So no.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I don't see why they all deserve it, thankfully [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] has laid into Duffy, I just need him to start a specific thread doing it.

No, i agree, hence my shame in getting even a little bit involved. I actually feel we have a squad full of very good players, but for some reason they are just not playing as a team. Surely part of the remit of a good captain should be to bring the team together? I love Dunk and he is undoubtedly one of our best players, but is he captain material? I'm probably wrong, but one thing we can all agree on is that something is afoot.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Please, don’t post for maybe, 12 hours?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Duffy, who is almost certainly going to win player of the season, is clearly an outstanding captain prospect. Dunk has slipped in form lately.

Ideally, our new attacking midfielder next season will also be captain material and hopefully British.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here