Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] What next?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
These fans were not at a match, they were travelling across the country. Ban Remainers, or Tory’s, or Chavs, shop assistants, Volvo owners, diabetics, fat people etc etc ad infinitum? Football clubs are private businesses and can choose who they admit and who they refuse. But so are supermarkets, and restaurants, and leisure parks.

I do not defend, countenance or support anti-semitism, racism, Islamaphobia or homophobia, but I am now of a time in life to know what I like and do not like. Should businesses be free to choose who they admit/supply at their own discretion? Mind the banana skin.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47923344

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
People lose their jobs because of historical tweets so it’s definitely a thing. What else can football clubs do other than ban people if they behave like that? If society doesn’t want to tolerate this behaviour then it has to do something. Perhaps naming and shaming is the only answer.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I think the current outrage about social media postings of apparently devout Christian rugby players also raises a similar "what next" question. And I don't know what the answer is.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
These fans were not at a match, they were travelling across the country. Ban Remainers, or Tory’s, or Chavs, shop assistants, Volvo owners, diabetics, fat people etc etc ad infinitum? Football clubs are private businesses and can choose who they admit and who they refuse. But so are supermarkets, and restaurants, and leisure parks.

I do not defend, countenance or support anti-semitism, racism, Islamaphobia or homophobia, but I am now of a time in life to know what I like and do not like. Should businesses be free to choose who they admit/supply at their own discretion? Mind the banana skin.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47923344

Racism in all its forms is a criminal offence. As far as I know being a Tory, Remainer, chav, shop assistant, Volvo owner, diabetic or fat isn't criminal. Yet.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It's just sticking with tradition isn't it ?

Private business have always admitted/supplied at their own discretion. I've turned down business from organisations I didn't want to supply and Pubs and clubs have been banning people for being ****s since I was a kid (and that's a long time ago) :shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Whatever happened regarding the incidents at the (I think) Everton home fixture match that led to Barber doing the media circuit?
Were arrests ever made / charges brought forward by the CPS or is it still ongoing?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People need to stop posting daft things online in their name. Different with an alias but really if you've an official twitter and you're using it to put down other people then really what on earth do you expect? As for being filmed in public doing something daft, influenced by drugs or drink, well maybe that's tough. But them's the rules and people have had enough warning by now that once recorded it's never going away and can come back to haunt you. What I do object to is using stills which can very easily be manipulated to portray something it's not. Like the Nazi saluting Palace keeper. I remember a paper using a similar picture of Poyet, provocatively so. The Tabloids have been doing this for years and people are too quick to judge in those situations.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Beliefs and views I have held in the past have stayed there in the past, and any changes I have made to them have stayed with me to manage.
People today who share their beliefs and views on social media will be charged with having those forever, irrespective of change.
Sad state of affairs for those being tarred for life.

In response to the argument, I have no problem with businesses picking and choosing their customers provided that their criteria is reasonable and appropriate.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here