Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tuesday - Redemption Day

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We'll start looking as if we are actually bothered on 71 mins.

Sadly, this and others aren't sarcastic comments born out of frustration anymore but precisely what will happen, we're that predictable. I'll add that although our 'energy' will increase, we won't actually test the keeper by SHOOTING ON TARGET. As for whether we can score a goal, that question is probably part of psychiatric tests now.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Sadly, this and others aren't sarcastic comments born out of frustration anymore but precisely what will happen, we're that predictable. I'll add that although our 'energy' will increase, we won't actually test the keeper by SHOOTING ON TARGET. As for whether we can score a goal, that question is probably part of psychiatric tests now.

shooting on target? what’s that then?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If selected will Propper, tackle, run, pass the ball to another Brighton player and dare I ask header the ****ing ball?

I think I know the answer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
shooting on target? what’s that then?

Ha ha, yes, this old craft used to see us getting excited ahead of games. It involves the possibility of a goal, which for those of us who have forgotten or only watched us in the PL era, consists of the ball crossing the goal line. It sounds easy doesn't it? However, there's a Keeper patrolling this area and he's allowed to use his hands. And wear gloves to improve grip and take the sting out of any 'shots' i.e. attempts to score a goal. Of course this is all theory, I can't say I've witnessed one in a long time but it's imperative to the outcome of both the game and what's known as entertainment.

For further information, contact the FA but beware of what's known as DUTCH REALM'S DISEASE, so named because it was first noticed in players imported from Holland's Eredivisie League and has a devastating impact on a team's ABILITY to score goals - and currently no known cure.:censored:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We’re stinking the league out and have done for months really.........only hope now is that we can scrape over the line and do some serious surgery in the summer. Combination of current squad and tactics aren’t good enough.

Personally thought the lineup yesterday would offer a glimmer of light but it didn’t.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Waiting for Tuesday night is like waiting for a dental appointment - dreading it, but wanting it over and done with, hoping nothing too bad is going to happen (no disrespect intended to anyone in the dental profession).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What can/should Hughton change? I'd like to see Bruno play - simply because of his experience and leadership. We are sadly lacking any leaders on the pitch. If only we had a player like Nobby Horton.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
What can/should Hughton change? I'd like to see Bruno play - simply because of his experience and leadership. We are sadly lacking any leaders on the pitch. If only we had a player like Nobby Horton.

Nobby, jeez what i’d give for one of him in our team right now. The other players would shit themselves if he so much as gave them a stare.

el punal

I’ve always been a glass three quarters full sort of chap when it comes to the Albion. Having read so many posts about yesterday’s debacle I just wonder if my glass has now got a crack in it and that three quarters is now just a couple of drops. Whatever optimism I had has now been replaced with pessimism. Somewhere, fortunately, in my mind is this crumb of hope that we cannot possibly be that bad again and that on Tuesday we will fight for everything, it won’t be pretty - wars never are. This match will be all about courage, commitment, guts, desire and the will to succeed - all of which were sadly lacking against Bournemouth.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
The game on Tuesday is beginjng to take on that "Hereford" sort of importance. I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope thar the players are up for a good scrap and give the fans the game that we deserve.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I’ve always been a glass three quarters full sort of chap when it comes to the Albion. Having read so many posts about yesterday’s debacle I just wonder if my glass has now got a crack in it and that three quarters is now just a couple of drops. Whatever optimism I had has now been replaced with pessimism. Somewhere, fortunately, in my mind is this crumb of hope that we cannot possibly be that bad again and that on Tuesday we will fight for everything, it won’t be pretty - wars never are. This match will be all about courage, commitment, guts, desire and the will to succeed - all of which were sadly lacking against Bournemouth.

Exactly where I am. My desire for the Albion to win will be so strong but tempered by all around me will be frustrated and nervous negative vibes will be carried on to the pitch. I am afraid the negativity has snowballed since Fulham and it has now become all consuming. We really need an early goal to get the crowd behind us. For the first time I feel I may be watching our teams Premier League life ebbing away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here