Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tuesday - Redemption Day

el punal

So it’s come to this. Probably our most important game of our Premier League lives and after our worst performance in years we are playing the one team who could affect our success or failure in staying in the division.

I will be going on Tuesday night, hoping rather than expecting a 100% improvement in quality and attitude from our players. If they have any pride, or a conscience, I would reckon nothing less is acceptable. They collectively and individually must be hurting, rightly so, as we loyal fans are.

And as for us loyal fans? Time for a repeat of the Sheffield Wednesday-esque play off wall of noise to spur the boys on. We are all in this together, let’s show the football world that we care both on and off the pitch.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I genuinely fear for Tuesday, we know exactly what Cardiff are going to do. Be in our faces, long throws, histrionics from Warnock. The players need to be at it from minute 1, if things aren't going well I could easily see the atmosphere turning poisonous.

el punal

I genuinely fear for Tuesday, we know exactly what Cardiff are going to do. Be in our faces, long throws, histrionics from Warnock. The players need to be at it from minute 1, if things aren't going well I could easily see the atmosphere turning poisonous.

Please, not the toxic atmosphere of the Millwall game of December 2014, with Sami Hyypia doing his dead-man-walking act, the players afraid to touch the ball, our own fans fighting each other, and, Millwall ripping the piss out of us. Too much to bear. :eek:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Wholesale attitude adjustment needed for Tues night or Cardiff will destroy us.

Bring in Paul McKenner, burn some joss sticks, daub a pentacle on the changing room wall in AK's tears, just play like you give a fvcking fvuckitty fvck!!!

IMHO.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My confidence is zero for Tuesday as will be most other fans and the players, nervy night coming up........

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Please, not the toxic atmosphere of the Millwall game of December 2014, with Sami Hyypia doing his dead-man-walking act, the players afraid to touch the ball, our own fans fighting each other, and, Millwall ripping the piss out of us. Too much to bear. :eek:
Well, it did ultimately have a positive result. I look back on that game rather fondly now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like this is the last Must Win chance before we hit the hard Really Must Wins like City? anyone else expecting the sane results as we got on the Stains and Fulham Must Wins?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We sit back from the start, crowd gets increasingly nervous, Cardiff bully us all over the pitch , Colin is in the face of the 4th official, they nick a goal, atmosphere goes toxic, CH makes a like for like substitution on 72 minutes.

We know what’s going to happen.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Tuesday is the platform for Manager, His number 2, Captain and the other players to prove they have the desire, skill and fight in them to continue. Roll your sleeves up and give Cardiff the fright of their lives, beat them convincingly and pretty well condem them to playing Championship football next season.

It is simply all up to them, along with the crowd making a din of course.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I don’t think we’ve enough players with the right character needed for the battle Tuesday night will be.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Hughton identifies any player who isn't 100 per cent up for the fight, or worse starting to plot exit strategies to stay in PL if we go down, they can f**k right off for Tuesday's starting line-up.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We sit back from the start, crowd gets increasingly nervous, Cardiff bully us all over the pitch , Colin is in the face of the 4th official, they nick a goal, atmosphere goes toxic, CH makes a like for like substitution on 72 minutes.

Admit it...we all shivered reading this.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
If Hughton identifies any player who isn't 100 per cent up for the fight, or worse starting to plot exit strategies to stay in PL if we go down, they can f**k right off for Tuesday's starting line-up.

Perhaps he should have them all down the local park this morning for training, changing in some pretty shitty damp dirty hut so they can all remember where they all came from before the riches and luxurious facilities such as Amex and Lancing were bestowed upon them.

They may well realise how fortunate they are and use that realisation to demonstrate they are worthy next Tuesday any every other game remaining this season...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

It's come to this. Tuesday is going to unsolved exactly as you've written, sadly. We are THAT predictable.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps he should have them all down the local park this morning for training, changing in some pretty shitty damp dirty hut so they can all remember where they all came from before the riches and luxurious facilities such as Amex and Lancing were bestowed upon them.

They may well realise how fortunate they are and use that realisation to demonstrate they are worthy next Tuesday any every other game remaining this season...

Agree. I'd be tempted to put Alan Mullery in the changing room on Tuesday, tell 'em a few stories from the past of how we battled our way out of things. And an uncomfortable truth or two, especially Propper and Stephens (if they're selected)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tuesday is the platform for Manager, His number 2, Captain and the other players to prove they have the desire, skill and fight in them to continue. Roll your sleeves up and give Cardiff the fright of their lives, beat them convincingly and pretty well condem them to playing Championship football next season.

It is simply all up to them, along with the crowd making a din of course.[/QUOTE]

Thats the bit we can all influence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here