Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Gross

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
He’s been out for so long I’ve forgotten why he’s out and how long he’s out for. Can anyone quickly clear it up for me?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
In theory he is training. Really hope he plays Tuesday as we have been dire without him.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Let’s get back to 4-4-1-1 with Groß behind Murray for Tuesday.

Thanks.

It must be. 4-3-3 just hasn't worked and Gross looked poor in it. Equally Propper hasn't lived up to the attacking role in 4-3-3 and Bissouma has clearly been told that if he runs forward he will be fined, making him useless too.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
People seem to forget he was pretty poor before the injury and were asking for him to be dropped.

If he is back I just hope our clueless manager doesn’t just shoehorn back into the 4-3-3 that doesn’t suit him at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Against a team like Cardiff he will be crucial, finding little pockets and offering creativity. I don’t care what anyone says we have missed him so badly this season and I would play him Tuesday even if only 80% fit

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Against a team like Cardiff he will be crucial, finding little pockets and offering creativity. I don’t care what anyone says we have missed him so badly this season and I would play him Tuesday even if only 80% fit

80% fit wouldn't be a noticeable loss of pace. Need him in a 4,4,1,1

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Best footballer at the club along with Bruno. In hindsight has to play 10 in a 4-4-1-1 at home. Murray comes alive with Gross in the side

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Posted this in another thread but probably more relevant here:

Just looked up some stats on Gross. Despite being missing for most of the season he has created 23 of our 69 "big chances" this season. 2nd highest from any other player is 8. Our entire midfield 3 have only created 6 between them.
With Gross in the side we are far more likely to score.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Just looked up some stats on Gross. Despite being missing for most of the season he has created 23 of our 69 "big chances" this season. 2nd highest from any other player is 8. Our entire midfield 3 have only created 6 between them.

The facts don't lie, we desperately need him back on Tuesday

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Yes we certainly miss Gross please hurry back. As for playing styles well as was once shouted at C.H. from within the LWS
‘oi Hoooton, go 4-4-3 that the way’ and it wasn’t meant as a joke comment :ffsparr:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Been saying it for a while but peeps were too busy moaning about his lack of pace and desire for Biss .....what we do know is that playing the current middle three just doesn't work....on the other hand I dont think we should expect miracles from PG ...Tuesday has to be all 11 putting in a good performance

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Been saying it for a while but peeps were too busy moaning about his lack of pace and desire for Biss .....what we do know is that playing the current middle three just doesn't work....on the other hand I dont think we should expect miracles from PG ...Tuesday has to be all 11 putting in a good performance

Agreed. He's a very important part of our team but he cannot do it on his own - especially not in his first game back.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Best footballer at the club along with Bruno. In hindsight has to play 10 in a 4-4-1-1 at home. Murray comes alive with Gross in the side

If we have Bruno and Gross in the side Tuesday I will stay at home. Gross was awful prior to his injury and Bruno is a liability defending.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Although not a big fan of March, our results with him are better than without. I expect him to play and think it will be a game for old heads like Gross and Bruno.
I hope our punch drunk centre backs are up to it as they need to get a second wind and sort things out between them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although not a big fan of March, our results with him are better than without. I expect him to play and think it will be a game for old heads like Gross and Bruno.
I hope our punch drunk centre backs are up to it as they need to get a second wind and sort things out between them.

Ali J has the best winning percentage of players who have started more than 3 games and has a full head of hair.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here