Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’ve become slow, predictable and conservative . . .

. . and that’s not going to win us many Premier League matches.

I think tactics have to change for the final few games to try to make us quicker and less predictable. . . but I fear Chris’s default is to be conservative so not sure much is going to change.

Anyways . . everybody needs to be behind the manager and the team on Tuesday, what the tactics and whoever is picked as we have a match to win!

Up the Albion 🙂

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’ve been slow and predictable since August 2017, with the odd exception (ManU twice at home, CP Nov’18, West Ham home and away last season, Swansea at home, Arsenal at home last season). It’s what we do in the PL, we don’t have pacey players or instinctively creative ACM’ers.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We look like a team playing everyone in defence. I wouldn't be surprised if Murray's starting to have conversations with himself being so isolated. What we didn't have today was a player capable of that game changing pass. They all looked clueless on the ball. You could see how when they looked up for the pass, it was always the last option they'd take. Everything was so hesitant. It's clear and obvious how much we need Gross and what a difference he would've made during spells when we were on top. So much of last years success came from Gross deliveries and assists. That's what we've missed the most this season.

But the player we're missing the most is someone who could play the Gross role whilst Gross was injured. It's the position our recruitment team should've had down as a priority seeing as there's only one player in our whole squad who can actually play there. It's the position which gave our robotic tactics some variety and danger to our attacks. Mad that we didn't strengthen that position.

When's Gross back?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Today was the result that we’ve been threatening to have for weeks, possibly most of this season at least.

Yep, we are not capable of playing attacking football, which we need to do to get wins. Our wins have mostly come against teams either finding their feet, ones not playing for their manager or just a lucky break with some good defending to hold onto it. The exceptions maybe being the Palace games where things just worked on the day. A couple of worldies in a game where we were on the back foot in the last one.

I am happy for us to sit back against Cardiff and revert to the “Hughton way” and hope for a goal on the break with organised defending. After Saints and yesterday I am of the opinion that we have forgotten how to play attacking football, it’s been coached out of the team with the obsession for defending being drummed into them for two seasons. We have no plan B, best go back to plan A with the players doing what they do best.

We look so vulnerable when we throw men forward and we are so low on confidence that we need to go back to basics.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Got to get Gross fit and play him at no.10. Go back to a very solid (?) 4-4-1-1 and get Kayal and Bruno back in the side too. The team looks knackered. Badly need a spark.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A big defeat may be a blessing as surely we have to make drastic changes for the last few games of the season as what we have been doing really isn't working

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
A big defeat may be a blessing as surely we have to make drastic changes for the last few games of the season as what we have been doing really isn't working
The problem is, I don't think Chris knows how or what to change. I feel he's run out of ideas. There, I've said it. Sorry, Chris.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
We’ve been slow and predictable since August 2017, with the odd exception (ManU twice at home, CP Nov’18, West Ham home and away last season, Swansea at home, Arsenal at home last season). It’s what we do in the PL, we don’t have pacey players or instinctively creative ACM’ers.
We have had 2 quick wingers who have refused or are not directed to take on a defender ..... Solly and Jose... both stop, turn inside and pass back or sideways.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Its not just that we are slow and predictable, its that we don't have players in side that look like they can shoot on target - never mind score. The goals yesterday came form different players - there is no way, even if we dominated that we have 4 or 5 players capable of a finish from open play. Since Gross got injured our set piece goals dried up and they were most of our goals.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We look like a team playing everyone in defence. I wouldn't be surprised if Murray's starting to have conversations with himself being so isolated. What we didn't have today was a player capable of that game changing pass. They all looked clueless on the ball. You could see how when they looked up for the pass, it was always the last option they'd take. Everything was so hesitant. It's clear and obvious how much we need Gross and what a difference he would've made during spells when we were on top. So much of last years success came from Gross deliveries and assists. That's what we've missed the most this season.

But the player we're missing the most is someone who could play the Gross role whilst Gross was injured. It's the position our recruitment team should've had down as a priority seeing as there's only one player in our whole squad who can actually play there. It's the position which gave our robotic tactics some variety and danger to our attacks. Mad that we didn't strengthen that position.

When's Gross back?

All very well but the manager changed the formation this season which pretty much left Gross ineffective.

Baffling

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Its not just that we are slow and predictable, its that we don't have players in side that look like they can shoot on target - never mind score. The goals yesterday came form different players - there is no way, even if we dominated that we have 4 or 5 players capable of a finish from open play. Since Gross got injured our set piece goals dried up and they were most of our goals.
Which all begs the question: What the f.uck do they get up to at Lancing? Looks like they spend half the training time checking the lunch menu before watching TV.

This team currently is as bad as Hyppia's. With multi million pound players in it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here