Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving early when getting stuffed?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was never as early as 65 minutes, 70 minutes, by masses.

It’s possibly the Amex transport logistics thing, combined with “Cheer up Chrissy Hughton, what can it mean, to be an Albion b’stad with a shit football team”.

Not just Albion though. Leicester’s stadium half empty last night when 1-0 down to Newcastle in stoppage time. Perhaps modern day fans can sense the momentum or lack of it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was never as early as 65 minutes, 70 minutes, by masses.

It’s possibly the Amex transport logistics thing, combined with “Cheer up Chrissy Hughton, what can it mean, to be an Albion b’stad with a shit football team”.

Not just Albion though. Leicester’s stadium half empty last night when 1-0 down to Newcastle in stoppage time. Perhaps modern day fans can sense the momentum or lack of it?

I think it’s just a sign of the times; attention spans for pretty much everything is dismissed these days. And lots of people seem to spend their time rushing around wanting to beat traffic, people etc.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I think it’s just a sign of the times; attention spans for pretty much everything is dismissed these days. And lots of people seem to spend their time rushing around wanting to beat traffic, people etc.

I left at Half Time when 3-0 down at both the Goldstone and Gillingham. I don't think it's anything to do with attention span. I don't enjoy watching my team get thumped with no realistic way of fighting back.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I'm sorry HTT, I drifted off for a moment there, I was watching that Knocky tackle on the plucky player, you were saying....... :wozza:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I left at Half Time when 3-0 down at both the Goldstone and Gillingham. I don't think it's anything to do with attention span. I don't enjoy watching my team get thumped with no realistic way of fighting back.

Did you miss the Boxing Day 4-4 against Colchester? Paul Emblem hatrick

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did you miss the Boxing Day 4-4 against Colchester? Paul Emblem hatrick

I saw that game, didn’t a pissed Atilla or Paul Samrah use the tannoy to gee the fans up DURING the game?

Leicester at home when we were 0-2 down at half time?

I don’t remember such an important game where the team just didn’t turn up and folded like we did yesterday though. At 0-3 I had had enough and left. First time I have ever done it and absolutely no regrets from me. I hope the team and I never give up like that again.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Did this happen so much back in the day? Recall getting beat 2-8 and seeing the game out, is it rose tinted or did people not get so upset with defeats back in the 70's/80's era?

I think yesterday was the last straw for a lot of supporters, they have endured dire football all season with the exception of a couple of matches.

This bollox football we have to stomach week in and week out, and the away performances aren't any better, Championship side punching above its weight...

p.s. I stayed to the ****ing bitter end, didn't clap the shower of shite off. Still roll on Tuesday, they have a chance to redeem themselves but I'm not holding my breath.:glare:

p.p.s. I'm always fecking upset with a defeat whatever the decade.:angry:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I think also that back in the day all football stadiums were at the heart of communities and people on the whole didn't have to travel far to games. You still see stadia in the centre of towns and cities quite full nearing full time thesedays. Some people can't be bothered to wait in queues for transport etc after a week of doing it for work. Fair enough imo

And as for leaving early when getting smashed in what was such an important game, definitely can't blame people for leaving then.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Never leave early myself but thought yesterday’s mass exodus was a really powerful message to the team and manager what the fans think of what is being dished up

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I admit it. My son left on 75 minutes for an easy train home. We followed on about 79 minutes. Transport is an issue to some extent. 10 more minutes of a horror show would add 30 or 40 minutes to home time and the match was just too hard to bear. Part of the issue is the identikit performances we are seeing. Every team we play, from top to bottom, we play the same way and every manager we play knows that. We play every team as if they are a top six team. A draw against Cardiff may keep us up, but if we get it, it will be Cardiff who tried to win, not us. That would leave Cardiff needing 6 points from 12 assuming we get no more. But as a club and a team, where do we go from here and will leaving early become a habit? The only effective way to stop most of the early leavers is for the team to go for goal in the last 10 minutes and make it too exciting to go before the end.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I didn’t leave early (primarily because I get a coach back), but had I been driving or getting a train I’d have left in protest to that performance and the recent performances. I pay good money to watch a football team play football as a customer of this club (their doing; I’d much prefer they treated us like fans again), and I expect better than that dross they served up yesterday.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I didn’t leave early (primarily because I get a coach back), but had I been driving or getting a train I’d have left in protest to that performance and the recent performances. I pay good money to watch a football team play football as a customer of this club (their doing; I’d much prefer they treated us like fans again), and I expect better than that dross they served up yesterday.

Voting with feet is always a powerful message. I really wonder what is going through TBs mind after yesterday. Can't imagine he slept too well last night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here